Change in the Cozumel Bag Drag

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DSFDF, but that sort of hurrying around is one thing I go to Cozumel to get away from.

On previous trips we crammed in so many dives that we tired ourselves out. This year we are trying something novel to us: a mere two (morning) dives a day for six days, plus one or two night dives.

DSFDF, but that sort of hurrying around is one thing I go to Cozumel to get away from.

We stay at Blue Angel and flights from Houston usually get in around noon-ish, we've never had an issue being able to be in the water in front of BA by 3 pm, if we choose to. But that just means we have to put off our welcome drink... it's a tough call.

I'd echo the above as well, at shuttle stops I always make sure our bags aren't included, may just be paranoid but it has not been an issue with us.

In addition to just convenience (IMO), from the west coast our flights are always red eyes thru Houston, so if I'm given the option of rolling 50# of dive gear and carrying my backpack with heavy camera gear in the clothes I slept on the plane in out into a sweaty 85 degree afternoon, even for a mere two blocks or so, vs. grabbing a cold one, and sitting in an air conditioned van for 10-15 minutes while it fills up, that's not a difficult choice. Plus it's always cool to meet other people in the van, see where they are staying and what they think of it, etc.

I'd echo the above as well, at shuttle stops I always make sure our bags aren't included, may just be paranoid but it has not been an issue with us.
I always go for the "shotgun" seat in the van. That way I can shoot video through the windshield (I am the Family Videographer for our Coz trips) and I can easily get out at every stop to watch what equipaje gets unloaded.

When I am traveling light, I walk out to the vans, find the one that is just about to leave, hand the driver $5 and get in the shotgun seat.

When I am traveling light, I walk out to the vans, find the one that is just about to leave, hand the driver $5 and get in the shotgun seat.
Without a ticket? Just $5? To where? A downtown ticket is only $3. I'm surprised that works. I thought they had a site manager overseeing operations.

Don, I recognize that it is hard for you to fly beneath the radar with all that gear you bring. I also understand that it is hard to believe that someone would pay two extra dollars for the convenience of jumping on the next van that is about to leave. If too many people start trying this it will end also.

Don, I recognize that it is hard for you to fly beneath the radar with all that gear you bring. I also understand that it is hard to believe that someone would pay two extra dollars for the convenience of jumping on the next van that is about to leave. If too many people start trying this it will end also.
I just wondered if & how it worked, but whatever.

Huh. It's been a couple of years, but back when I used to use airport transportation they always packed all the seats including the front passenger seat.

Huh. It's been a couple of years, but back when I used to use airport transportation they always packed all the seats including the front passenger seat.
That would be me. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom