Changes coming for BofA ATM users...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm not a fan of BoA. I received a personal check a few months ago from a BoA customer and I tried to cash it at BoA without an account. They refused to cash it without fingerprinting me. I'm sorry, not happening.

Now that I actually like. Make finding you WAY easier if you are a big cheater..... Not saying YOU actually look shifty..... But don't take that as me saying you DON'T look shifty.... :wink:

Bank of America will announce changes on their website that are relevant to you only -- the site info is based on regulations for the state in which your account is located. I don't see any new international ATM info for the state where my account is held and neither did Christi or El Jefe because there really are no changes.

From what I am seeing posted elsewhere, the info that CC found is disclosure based on new state regs in her state. These were likely in response to the action and terms of settlement of the Currency Conversion Fee Antitrust Litigation brought against many US card issuing banks and financial companies.

I could be wrong, of course, but I don't think so.
And if I'm right, there haven't been any changes made to BOA's fee structure.

I'm not a fan of BoA. I received a personal check a few months ago from a BoA customer and I tried to cash it at BoA without an account. They refused to cash it without fingerprinting me. I'm sorry, not happening.

That's SOP for many banks dealing with non-account holders these days. The bank I worked at (not BoA) has been using fingerprinting for years.

Deb, that is a brilliant observation and thanks for pointing it out. I'm in California... who knows what other states may be affected? As I said, I will have come and gone before November this year, but wanted to give a heads up to all who use this bank. I've got my fingers crossed it won't affect me (or anyone else) in the future because I'll always be coming back. See you soon!! Ute and I will be there at the same time for a change.
....CC
:cool2:

Bank of America will announce changes on their website that are relevant to you only -- the site info is based on regulations for the state in which your account is located. I don't see any new international ATM info for the state where my account is held and neither did Christi or El Jefe because there really are no changes.

From what I am seeing posted elsewhere, the info that CC found is disclosure based on new state regs in her state. These were likely in response to the action and terms of settlement of the Currency Conversion Fee Antitrust Litigation brought against many US card issuing banks and financial companies.

I could be wrong, of course, but I don't think so.
And if I'm right, there haven't been any changes made to BOA's fee structure.

I just received my monthly statement, which contained a flyer about account fees. There's a new fee, effective Nov. 8, for teller-window withdrawals at a non-BOA bank (domestic or international): $5 or 3% of the transaction amount, whichever is greater. Domestic non-bank ATM withdrawal fee is up 50 cents. Other ATM fees are written exactly the same as they have been in the past.

I dumped BofA in favor of a smaller, far less predatory bank. I also dumped CitiCorp in favor of a credit card that charges no foreign transaction fees period. I sure do miss the days when you could get a toaster for opening a new account and the banks gave you a "whopping" 3% interest (not to mention the incredible rates during the Carter administration).

I dumped BofA in favor of a smaller, far less predatory bank. I also dumped CitiCorp in favor of a credit card that charges no foreign transaction fees period. I sure do miss the days when you could get a toaster for opening a new account and the banks gave you a "whopping" 3% interest (not to mention the incredible rates during the Carter administration).

Oh seriously. BOA is just my Coz back. My real bank is a credit union. They sent me a nice email last year and said "Hey we had extra profits this year, so tomorrow we are depositing a nice chunk of change in your account prorated to your loan, checking, savings, etc, activity." It was a SEVERAL toaster equivalency. They are all the time doing free stuff, like a free credit score monthly. Plus interest on checking. Free billing paying. Besides, I don't eat that much toast.... :toast:

As for raging inflation, I'll pass..... :)

Yeah, I agree credit unions are the way to go. I have never had any fee issues with my CU in Coz. B.

UPDATE: It's happened.... As of 11/8.... BofA customers are getting whacked 3% on withdrawals from Santander. Boo hiss....:(

I'm guessing that the fact that Santander now has a bunch of banks throughout the northeast as of October 17th, due to having bought and rebranded Sovereign Bank, means they're now a competitor rather than a partner. A nearby town now has a BoA and a Santander practically next to each other.

Like the good chief, we use BoA solely for ATM withdrawals on 10a Av. without foreign exchange fees. Everything else is through USAA. If we start being charged fees, the BoA account will be closed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom