http://www.diveheart.org/

Changes for people who are diving with Matt

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Matt the Aquaman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I just wanted to let people know that there are some changes for my first ocean dive.

The Today show will be coming to the Keys to film my first dive, and to interview me, it sounds like Ann Curry will be coming. They want a inclusive on my Dream to dive in the ocean. That means anyone who wanted to dive with me will now have to dive with me on the 14th or 15th of November.

For the first dive they only want myself and my dive team. But after that I don't need to worry about it.

See you all later, Matt

Changes for people who are diving with Matt

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just wanted to let people know that there are some changes for my first ocean dive.

The Today show will be coming to the Keys to film my first dive, and to interview me, it sounds like Ann Curry will be coming. They want a inclusive (?) on my Dream to dive in the ocean. That means anyone who wanted to dive with me will now have to dive with me on the 14th or 15th of November.

For the first dive they only want myself and my dive team. But after that I don't need to worry about it.

See you all later, Matt

I guess you meant Exclusive...?

Well, this is very good news. I told ya that I'd be there to dive with ya on the first one, but I wouldn't want to get in their way. I wanted to take my own pics of the day, on shore and in water - maybe it'll be okay if I shoot on shore still, if I stay back enough? I haven't had TV in my home in over 18 yrs, so I don't know who Ann Curry is?

I'd already booked a non-refundable, non-changeable (without penalty and severe fare increase) plane ticket for the 11th, so I'll be there somewhere for Dive #1 as promised. I'll rework my planes otherwise.

Anyone else not on the team going for this...?

I haven't booked a motel yet, but feel overdue in doing so. I've been waiting to see where others were staying, but it kinda looks like other non-team SB members are meeting Matt at DEMA, but not coming down for the dives?

I won't be able to make it to Florida, but keep me posted when the broadcast dates are so that I can at least see you on TV- again...

That's great that you are going to get some national coverage. If I see you on MTV, then I'll know that the fame has gone to your head... :D

More information on diving with Matt.

Monday Nov. 13th.......................
As Matt indicated the Today show will be covering his first Ocean dive, but everyone is welcome to come to the dive shop and see Matt off. We had planned to do a checkout dive anyway before allowing others to dive with Matt, so this is that checkout dive and it just so happens the film crew will be on board.

Tuesday Nov 14th..................................
Another dive with Matt. Open to supporters and friends.

Wednesday Nov 15th...............................
Another dive with Matt. Open to supporters and friends.

Everyone this is a exicting time for Matt. He is pumped for his dive and having national coverage of this event. Please join me in supporting him and try and make one of his dives on Tuesday or Wednesday. Depending on the number of people we'll try to get you on the same boat with Matt, but his is space available. We will try our best though.

We'll also be going out for dinner most of the nights Matt is here. Also John Chatterton will be here supporting Matt during this history making event. He and I invite you to join Matt for some or all of the dinner events. We want to ensure Matt has a great time while in the Florida Keys and really appreciate all who have supported Matt.

Good Diving,

I thought I might stay at my usual economy motel, but Ocean Pointe Suites - the resort being used by the team - is giving 3rd night free. I'm booked for 3 or 4 nights there, arriving, 11th or 12th, departing 15th. Super nice looking place, and it'll be nice to be on the same property as the team

Any smoking or smoking tolerant members wanta' share my suite? I wouldn't cost much more to get a two bed room, then split it. It'd be about $215 each for 4 nights including taxes. Resort info here.

So, is the Today show going to be live? Should I tell ppl to watch that Monday?

No Matt's dives with the Today show will not be live. Will find out when they air and let everyone know.

Good Diving,

Capt Gary:
No Matt's dives with the Today show will not be live. Will find out when they air and let everyone know.

Good Diving,
Super, thanks Skipper. I told my non-diving friends about this, and now they want to know when to watch.

Packing now, leaving for the airport during the night, be there tomorrow afternoon. Guess I need to call and see what y'all have available for Sunday dives, and Monday after we see Matt off with his Team and the Today show crew.

Looking forward to a memorable event all the way around. :thumb:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom