Changes on Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ron Lee

Contributor
Reaction score
It seems that this may be a better place than the thread drift elsewhere: I will start with two thoughts. One was the other thread and a new one

Yep, DQ was where Woody's is now.

Crew Office moved...but is not really the same. Lalo (Eduardo) the owner is concentrating more on his computer repair and technical assistance business, but does have an internet cafe back on 30th - more for locals now.

While looking at Google Earth, I saw some significant construction just northeast of the Caleta. One almost square section appears to be filled with water. Is this the new Caleta area marina I have heard about? I don't see any docking infrastructure. It almost looks like there may be multiple docking areas.

What is the goal if this is a new marina as far as facilities and when is the "projected" opening date? Will the Caleta be abandoned?

looks like google updated the photo. Yes that is the new marina. Photos a little dated since they are now digging the exit which will connect with the entrance into the Caleta. They are building docks though I have not been into the area to see what is being done. Various cranes around the site. The goal is for El Presidente to get their hands on the old Caleta and turn it into a marina for the "beautiful people" Opening date sometime this year i guess.

probably both the new "caletta" and the new cruise ship pier...yes, there is going to be ANOTHER cruise ship pier. :(

Wondering what all of this may do to the Aerolito cave system. Also, the last time we were there, we could not make a beach dive in the area - Paradise Shallows, I think.

Back
Top Bottom