changing a yoke regulator to din

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

blackcloud

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Ipurchased a din adapter for my mares 42 and it came with several o ring and a new filter. I thougt all I had to do was unscrew the yoke nut and screw on the din valve do I have to replace all these parts and in what order would they go.

It's pretty easy, just take it apart and note the order of parts before switching, put it back the same way. I know that's obvious, but it's really that easy....

I just bought a DIN adapter last week as well. There was a small ziplock bag that held all the smaller pieces together. Inside this ziplock bag was also a folded piece of paper that showed a cross-section of the DIN adapter put together. Is your kit missing this piece of paper?

Hey blackcloud:

I am unfamiliar with Mares stuff and so I could assume that they basically all go together similarly. But you know what they say about the word assume...

So, try this. It has a lot of pages but you may stumble onto what you need. And the Mares 42, is that a Proton or an Abyss? If the latter, try page 17 for a diagram. Make sure you torque to manufacturer's specifications too.

Good luck and be safe!

Kind regards from North Carolina,
Thomas

I pulled the yoke off and the exchange was very easy and pretty much self explaintory after looking at what came with the adapter. Thanks for the replies

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom