Changing Covid testing requirements

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was actually on line, signed into my account and didn't want to mess with that (entering different vaccinations statuses ). There was what seemed to me, some conflicting info.in the "Travel Ready" info section, but I'm easily confused.
However, a couple minutes ago, I did talk to someone who made the trip about a week ago-was NOT asked for proof of vaccination. United's only interest was the Covid test, and no one asked about Covid test or proof of vaccination upon entry at US Customs.

To enter the US, I thought that proof of vaccination was only required for non_US citizens.
Since the airline has your passport info, they know whether you need to show proof of vaccination. All of that is to get on the airplane. Once you arrive in the US, Immigration, Customs, etc, don't ask for anything because it has already been taken care of by the airlines....

You still missed deleting a lot of posts, but I guess that's ok??. People are simply having a discussion and it shouldn't be able to be handpicked what is deemed acceptable or not depending on how someone views it. Threads almost always go slightly to completely off topic, yet often still relevant and back, but nothing is usually done. We were all still discussing Cozumel, covid testing and travel restrictions.

Just like being edited in a other thread for simply using the word ridiculous, this is ridiculous.
A couple of things...

One is that what the mods react the quickest to is hostility. When forum participants start goring each others' oxen, the mods step in and try to surgically remove the posts where it is happening. Sometimes there is collateral damage.

The other is that ScubaBoard is a privately owned entity. If the owners want to search their database and remove any and all posts that contain the word "ridiculous" (or whatever), that is their right. It's their sandbox so they make the rules.

Forum moderation seldom makes everyone happy, but IMO it is far better than the alternative. Remember Usenet?

Forum moderation seldom makes everyone happy, but IMO it is far better than the alternative. Remember Usenet?
Yeah. It's still around. Called the Pub these days. :gas:

I was actually on line, signed into my account and didn't want to mess with that (entering different vaccinations statuses ). There was what seemed to me, some conflicting info.in the "Travel Ready" info section, but I'm easily confused.
However, a couple minutes ago, I did talk to someone who made the trip about a week ago-was NOT asked for proof of vaccination. United's only interest was the Covid test, and no one asked about Covid test or proof of vaccination upon entry at US Customs.
First off the government is not doing any actual checking, they have coerced the airlines into doing the dirty work for them (and deal with the public frustration and stress). Initial it was a two tier test requirement if you were vaccinated you needed to be tested within a three day window prior to travel and if unvaccinated you had to be tested one day prior to travel. Then omicron came around it it didn't care if you had been vaccinated or not and since few people actually had symptoms but could still spread it they said the hell with it and shoved everyone in the same one day bucket regardless of vaccination status so it no longer mattered.
Now that it doesn't really matter they have so much politically invested in this position they are afraid of the optics if they turn it off.
Yea I had to get two tests in 72 hours last weekend while traveling.

I believe there is still a 90 day post covid recovery exemption due to the high rate of false positives.

A couple of things...

One is that what the mods react the quickest to is hostility. When forum participants start goring each others' oxen, the mods step in and try to surgically remove the posts where it is happening. Sometimes there is collateral damage.

I don't recall reading anything that was hostile, but I understand when that is the case. Most were just talking about how they feel and still related to travel and Mexico.
It really seems like someone just picked and chose what they feel they didn't like.

To me it seems just...ridiculous.

The other is that ScubaBoard is a privately owned entity. If the owners want to search their database and remove any and all posts that contain the word "ridiculous" (or whatever), that is their right. It's their sandbox so they make the rules.

Sure I get that can be the case, however If thats the way it is and people will get sensored for no reason other than an individuals personal view...not good.

My post with the sentence that had the word ridiculous was crossed out by the mod, and "I do not agree", was inserted. All the while another posters posts were left pretty much untouched while talking about other people's lack of experience, feelings and later calling other users unintelligent among other things.

---- Actually looks like they just pulled one of their latests posts along with mine asking why there is so much hostility lately and that it should be ok for us all to do things, and get equpment based on what we like and want. That removal makes sense as it was a direct reply to someones unkind response to another member.

This is true it wont make everyone happy, but it can be done right. Instead of getting rid of some off topic by picking and choosing based on how they feel or changing somones post because they want it different, a better option would be to do it right and clean house or leave it be. If this thread is going to be cleaned of what seems to be considered off topic,(as per some removed posts of late) then there probably would be 1 page.

If you select vaccinated proof I would think would be required BUT if you select unvaccinated, what does it say?

It says the same no matter what you select. It is boiler plate language that only applies if vaccinations are required for entry into a country. As they are not required for anyone going to Mexico or US citizens returning from Mexico then it is not applicable.

Up here you have to be fully vaccinated to get on a plane anywhere and you have to show proof.

Up here you have to be fully vaccinated to get on a plane anywhere and you have to show proof.

Seems a bit overboard to me, but I guess because a forced carrot works better for many people than dangling one.

I'm still optimistic for that they will stop requiring return tests....hopefully soon.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom