Changing name

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HPT3

Reaction score
Not that I need to do this, but I thought of a differant name I would like to use on the board, but I don't want to lose my posts. Is there a way to change ones name? Please PM me. Thanks

HPT3:
Not that I need to do this, but I thought of a differant name I would like to use on the board, but I don't want to lose my posts. Is there a way to change ones name? Please PM me. Thanks

I asked this question quite a while back and got no response from pm to moderator or posts. I took this as my answer.

Brian Gilpin:
I asked this question quite a while back and got no response from pm to moderator or posts. I took this as my answer.

I believe that you won't keep all posts if you change your name.

The only ones who can change your Logon name are Admins to the site. (I am sorry you didn't get a response before Brian). Generally in order to warrent a name change there would have to be a cause as it does create some confusion amoung the threads when all the sudden one of the participant's names changes.

If you PM NetDoc or one of the other Admins (Mods aren't enough on this one but they can put you in contact with the right person) and present your reasons for why you want the change someone should get back to you.

The wrong way to go about changing your name is to set up a new account. That would be considered a sockpuppet.

In the case they don't respond in a day or so drop them another PM. We really try to get to everything, but, we get alot of PM's and unfortunately sometimes one gets deleted by accident before we read it or something else happens....we all hit the wrong button sometimes. :(

Chad

Yes... if you want your name changed, please PM me, Dee, Rick Murchison, Natasha, or Uncle Pug(who should be back soon) and we can facilitate that.

It will NOT affect your posts whatsoever.

Brian Gilpin:

I've completed well over 100 name changes this year alone so I'm certain you didnt ask me, other moderators (besides are supermods Dee, Rick Murchison, Natasha, or Uncle Pug and NetDoc of course) don't can't do name changes.

Tech Admin:
I've completed well over 100 name changes this year alone so I'm certain you didnt ask me, other moderators (besides are supermods Dee, Rick Murchison, Natasha, or Uncle Pug and NetDoc of course) don't can't do name changes.

I dont remember who I contacted but it isn't a matter of concern at least to me anyway. It had to be before last November. SB was the first board I had signed up on and I inadvertently used my real name instead of a made up one. Just as glad I did at this point and have no desire to change.Thanks for your concern. No criticism was intended. I have worked as an admin on small networks myself an know how busy things can get.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom