Changing to dry clothes after a dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes! That is it exactly..... The very one that I have...... It works not only to undress and get into dry clothes under.... but it also keeps you warm and dry between dives etc...
:mean:

When I travel to Germany and stay in their better hotels with saunas I notice people come in and out of saunas nude and they don't make an issue out of it.

If I need to change I change, and I don't concern myself with what others think. They are free to admire or act shocked. If people are offended by the brief sight of a nude body, they seriously need to go see a shrink to deal with their issues.

Funny how in the US we glorify violence and suppress physical pleasures, which is why we are such an incredibly violent culture and have a remarkably higher incidence of sex crimes compared to Europe where they refuse to attach shame to the nude human body.

The contortions you all go through with this arm though that sleeve hole under that towel with this purchased product is done with this adjustment using that hand.....well, there just seems to be alot more pressing issues in life then worrying about someone seeing your goods.....

What worries me more is why when I sent my jpg avatar into the forum managers they have not posted it yet after months.....now there is a REAL issue!

It 'd be nice not to have to worry about things like that Dave. Be free! Sadly you'll have to admit that most men would consider it an invitation. Heck...you give some guys the wrong look they're all over you. I say some guys, don't get me wrong. You have to be careful these days though.

wetvet:
Hee Hee. Most of the folks up here, both boys and girls are not very modest, and change under a towel wrapped around them. Car doors, thick bushes etc seem to be enough. 'Course, many of our dive weekends end up with several people swimmin neked in the moonlight anyway, so the hiding to change thing becomes less and less important. A simple (if not economical solution would be to get a drysuit :) ......or a camper).

Wetvet
yup, what he said all the way

I have the perfect solution for you! I just got one of these things called "The KUVRUP". It looks like a big hooded sweatshirt, but made of the same material as a towel, that covers you all the way down below your knees. All you do is put it on after you get out of the water, pull your arms inside the loose sleeves, pull off your wetsuit, since it is made of terry cloth, just dry off with it while you are wearing it, and then put your clothes on underneath. You can also use it to put on your wetsuit too. It is made by a company called Sevnforty. You can get one online at www.sevnforty.com.

I hate dragging extra crap with me since I have enough to carry as it is. Most importantly I don't really care so for all you people out there that I have offended in the past.....sorry ;-)

You can use a large robe. One that is oversized for you and you can change under it. Pull your arms inside so you can pull up the clothes on the inside. The only reason I know this is because my gf does this sometimes as I am embarrassing her by not caring.

Real cheap and easy way is to go to your local walmart or sporting goods store and buy a cheap pop up tent. Ours has one for 12.99. A small area is all you need for a quick changing room. And it folds up into a small area. For boats buy 2 fleece blankets and sew them togeather except a opening for your head. I think the blankets on sell are like 4.99 at walmart. You just slip it over your head and you have a changing blanket that is warm and compact. We had a guy that was large and he needed more than 2 but you can make it as big as you want.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom