Cheap December Airfares

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Apparently I was late getting my dates in as well.....
Come try Tres Pelicanos for a day or two with us (you know, if you don't have 90 other ops you want to try...) :) We booked the 4-8; or if we don't see you for diving, maybe we can get together for dinner. Hopefully this year we'll get to Cozumel in time for a scubaboard get together and not a day later.
We decided not to split between two ops since it would cost more to not get a package. I'm bummed we won't see Alison and Carlos; and Kevin is worried about the boat ride, since he likes really fast; not being a big fan of boating. But we've heard the Skinny Shark is decently fast, so I guess we'll see.

Last edited:
Ugh. From my neck of the woods for my dates in December, airfares are the highest I've ever seen! Last year we got first class for $200 less than coach is this year for the same dates.

Ugh. From my neck of the woods for my dates in December, airfares are the highest I've ever seen! Last year we got first class for $200 less than coach is this year for the same dates.

I just went back and looked and today's lowest fare is $208 more than what I booked this weekend. I'm glad we jumped on it.

But those rate differences that you are talking about are insane.

Yea, the Shark has a lot of motor for her size. She might be the second fastest? :)

I am still working on dates, so we will see what shakes out. Near 200 dives in Cozumel all but like 3 on the Maximus. The three were night dives off the Ballena from Sea Robin with Eduardo. It is a little larger than the small boats, but I don't know it is as wide at the Shark. Does the Captain of the Shark tell you the joke outta the paper that day on SI? 14, 14, 14........

I've been following airfares for late December at least once a day for a couple of months now. I think people in New England just might be a bit more desperate to get to the tropics that people on the tundra of north Texas. What I can't figure out is why the airlines think they'll be more desperate this year than they ever have before.

Yup, airfares from American this morning were right back up to where they were on Friday -- You Snooze, You Lose.

American dropped prices again. I have a freind trying to decide if he wants to go in sept. I told him he better buy- they are just messing with us now.

Back
Top Bottom