Cheap Primary Cordless Light?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scuba_mc

Contributor
Reaction score
Does anyone have a recommendation for a cheap (Chinese?) primary cordless light?

I've been very happy with a Chinese (Brinyte DIV10) can light but could do with losing the cord. Anything that's worth a pop out there?

one of the triple/quad xm-l2 emitter lights is workable. the double battery 26650 versions get about a 2 hour burn time and push roughly 1200 to 1600 lumens. downside is that they get a bit long and the solarstorm i have runs from my knuckles halfway down my forearm which makes it a lot heavier to wave around than my older dive rite hid.

I picked up this light about 2 months ago. Have done 2 dives with it here in the cold Cali water. Both dives were shallow about 40 feet. This light is really bright (maybe not as advertised but still impressive) Worked great on the 2 dives I did. $65 with shipping from China.
Waterproof 10000Lm 6xXM-L2 LED Diving Flashlight Handy Torch Light Lamp 200M New
$_12.JPG

Why not try out the various 1000 lumen lights from Dive Right In SUBA? I have the impact shorty and it has a 2.5 hour burn time (about 1.5 hours at full power) with slowly tapering light output. The larger impact and the DRIS 1000 get about 4.5 hours of run time. the DRIS 1000 is only about $65. They are great, well build lights that put out plenty of light.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom