Cheap Pulau Hantu Dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

four_engines

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello Divers

Did a bit of looking around. What I found is that 2 dives at Hantu are priced at SGD 80. However, an aquaintance mentioned once before that some groups organise it at about SGD 25 per dive.

Anyone any leads?

F/E

hi 4 engines, so far i havent heard of as low as 25 bucks, usually the operator that i go with charges S$50 for 2 tank dives

ddavid:
hi 4 engines, so far i havent heard of as low as 25 bucks, usually the operator that i go with charges S$50 for 2 tank dives

Hi ddavid, I'll be interested to here which operator that is. SGD 50 is very reasonable. That's exactly what I what talking about. SGD 25 for each dive.

F/E

hi 4 engines, the operator is Diventures; i think u can search for their website via google.. it doesnt include gear though.. divelover88; yup its open season now, but some operators do conduct hantu dives occasionally during this period (esp on Sundays).. mainly cos there are divers who can't spare 2 days away for the weekend (work commitment on saturday, shift work etc).. but overall yes u're right; bulk of the business goes to Msia islands during this period

dive_lover88:
I thought now not many operators are running trips over at Huntu since it's open season now?

Open season??? :06: Open for what? Does whatever is "open" keep divers out of the water? (In my dialect, "open season" relates to hunting...) ????

dive_lover88:
Oh..to me open season is the time of diving,close season is the monsoonal months=no diving or long haul trips out.

Okaaaaay, so I'm guessing that the key concept is "long haul"? Monsoon season--Singapore-based boats stay close to S'pore. Plain-old-rainy--the same boats go further afield. Is it the "BINGO!" bell sound I hear or the "You're such a moron" buzzer???

you're getting it...but long haul is referring divers going to trips to places not affected by the northeast monsoon. The singapore based boats like white manta/black manta go over to thailand if i'm not wrong. Others would be running trips to huntu.

hi Quero, just to add to dive_lover's post, in S'pore its just a local dive term to refer to "open season" as when we go up to the Msia islands off Mersing for weekend divetrips cos the monsoon season has passed.. and yup "closed season" is usually from november onwards.. this is when we usually head to our own pulau hantu to dive for quick weekend dives.. Also; usually the dive stores here are more packed when "open season" starts.. about 2 weeks back i was at a couple of them & they were swamped with mainly new divers buying the usual "mask-snorkel-fins-wetsuit" combo.. after november, these stores get pretty quiet..

Back
Top Bottom