Cheap Pulau Hantu Dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Quero:
Oh, they bite; yes they do! Just prolly wasn't nesting season.

On the other hand,

it doesn't make sense for two of them to nest in the same territory (they'd chase *each other* away). Sometimes the mean titans in Thailand (at least) attack for no good reason at all! I guess there must be "fish bullies" just like there are among people. LOL

Y'know, I always figured they were a mated pair or something... not sure if triggerfish guard the nest in pairs? Maybe I got lucky (HAH!) and wound up on the boundary of 2 fishes' territory? Not much choice there then...

hi smokegrey, yup they guard in pairs.. one nearer bottom & the other higher up. Often you see one coming at you & the other is below hidden from sight by rocks, corals etc.. but if you stray really close to their nest (like right on top), you might get a tag-team duo coming for you.. just had a diver in my group bitten by a big one yesterday at Dayang right in front of my eyes.. it went for his exposed shin & drew blood

yeah i wld suggest 3mm after what i saw on sunday.. they were everywhere; Lang, Telok Gadoh, Dayang Tip, Telok Mariam, Rayner's.. on a side note, im pretty sure the big ones can bit right thru 3mms though.. keep ur eyes peeled out there divelover88 but dont forget to enjoy ur dives as well..
oh wait a sec, wasnt this post orginally abt pulau hantu dives? :)

Back
Top Bottom