Cheap source for bauer filter cartridges

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chris Karrer

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Hi!
I just bought my new Bauer Divemate compressor.
As Bauer cartridgers can't be filled i am looking for a affordable source for P41 compatible filters.
Any suggestions?

Thanks
Chris

Best pricing with highest quality I’ve found is from Lawrence Factor.

I’m told that aftermarket filters may contain hopcalite that isn’t good for you. YMMV

Best pricing with highest quality I’ve found is from Lawrence Factor.

I’m told that aftermarket filters may contain hopcalite that isn’t good for you. YMMV
That statement confuses me. Hopcalite is a catalyst to convert CO to CO2 which to my mind is an advantage. Are there issues with this material I am not aware of, or is there a specific brand of hopaclite that is an issue.

That statement confuses me. Hopcalite is a catalyst to convert CO to CO2 which to my mind is an advantage. Are there issues with this material I am not aware of, or is there a specific brand of hopaclite that is an issue.
Not all hopcalite is created equal. Kind of like floor tiles. Some contain asbestos. I’ll bet @iain/hsm can help us out here.

Thanks guys!
I have more than 5000 dives under my belt, 95% with air from electric driven Coltri Compressors with single filter tower and repacked X13+AC filters.
In Sardinia we do 3-4 days per week wreck diving at 120ft and a few times per week 140-160 ft deep dives and we never had issues with bad air,
here in Costa Rica we dive 98% 30-60ft and sometimes (very awesome) 100-140 ft dives and also here no issues.
I may had in dive holidays air from filters with hopcalite and i would consider the best filters for questionable compressor placement or combustion engine driven compressors,
but for electric compressors in locations where high CO is almost impossible i belive that X13+AC and anticipated filter changes/recharges does the job just fine for rec dives.
Chris

... where high CO is almost impossible...
There are different sources of CO even in ELECTRIC compressors. Given your questions, you should do alot more reading.

There are different sources of CO even in ELECTRIC compressors. Given your questions, you should do alot more reading.
This is true that CO can , but it is my experience as owner of 2 dive operations providing about 25'000 dives in the last 10 years and another approx 40'000 dives working in other dive operations
we never experienced problems with high CO levels.
When i see what other dive operations are doing i feel that we are rather anal about safety for us and our divers,
but there is always someone beeing more anal....

There are also sources talking about asbestos in Hopcalyte, you may also should do some reading my friend (and i don't wanna have this stuff in my lungs) ...

However, i got the informations i wanted and thanks for all informations i got.

Chris

This is true that CO can , but it is my experience as owner of 2 dive operations providing about 25'000 dives in the last 10 years and another approx 40'000 dives working in other dive operations
we never experienced problems with high CO levels.
When i see what other dive operations are doing i feel that we are rather anal about safety for us and our divers,
but there is always someone beeing more anal....

There are also sources talking about asbestos in Hopcalyte, you may also should do some reading my friend (and i don't wanna have this stuff in my lungs) ...

However, i got the informations i wanted and thanks for all informations i got.

Chris
I have three questions to ask if you don't mind. Do you test every tank for CO? What level of CO in ppm would you be willing to dive? Do you understand that the CO can come from the compressor itself even if the intake air is free of CO?

I've been fortunate in obtaining my repackable p21s and p41s directly from bauer once their media is used

full.jpg

and found some felt punches in the hole saw department of the local cheap shop

full.jpg

See you down there

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom