Cheapest place in Asia to buy Suunto D9 + transmitter kit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

work4mike

Reaction score
Hi,

This is my first post in the Asia section. I will be travelling to HK, Malaysia & Singapore in Oct. and planning to buy a Suunto D9 + transmitter kit.

Can anyone of you expert bargain hunters recommend the cheapest place to buy this watch? And if you can provide the exact shop/contact location?

Thanks.
-Mike

work4mike:
Hi,

This is my first post in the Asia section. I will be travelling to HK, Malaysia & Singapore in Oct. and planning to buy a Suunto D9 + transmitter kit.

Can anyone of you expert bargain hunters recommend the cheapest place to buy this watch? And if you can provide the exact shop/contact location?

Thanks.
-Mike

Err....Anyone have comments/ideas? How much is a Suunto D9 + transmitter kit in say Malaysia? Or Hong Kong?

According to www.scubapeople.com (Singapore), you can get a D9 + transmitter for S$1,790.

I don't have any experience with these folks though - I just came across their website.

glug:
According to www.scubapeople.com (Singapore), you can get a D9 + transmitter for S$1,790.

I don't have any experience with these folks though - I just came across their website.
thanks for the info, and it seems that price is comparable to some offers out of the US. I was wondering if the kit is attainable for around USD$900?

Thanks.
Mike

Not sure of the price, but from past experience dive gear in Singapore is cheaper than in Thailand, Indonesia and Malaysia.

$900 rings a bell in the back of my mind for a stinger. Ask the shops (I recommend richmond scuba supplies in Concourse. There are two other dive shops in that shopping mall as well as in Lucky Plaza ). Do a search here and on google on singapore shopping and you should get the adresses.

Cheers,
Rohan.

hi mike. do your homework. i've talked to various people and a lot of the feedback i get is that prices for dive gear are cheaper in the us than in asia.

Tassie_Rohan:
Not sure of the price, but from past experience dive gear in Singapore is cheaper than in Thailand, Indonesia and Malaysia.

$900 rings a bell in the back of my mind for a stinger. Ask the shops (I recommend richmond scuba supplies in Concourse. There are two other dive shops in that shopping mall as well as in Lucky Plaza ). Do a search here and on google on singapore shopping and you should get the adresses.

Cheers,
Rohan.

Hmm, I swear some forums mentioned HK is the best place to get dive computers. But,
I've taken note of this store, will check it out when I am in Spore.

Thanks, Rohan.

Just out of curiosity, why should you buy the computer in Asia even though you are in San Jose, CA?

I wouldn't buy it over there.

Back
Top Bottom