Cheapest place in Asia to buy Suunto D9 + transmitter kit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Most of the year I am in Hong Kong, Singapore, etc. In general I find I can buy almost anything - to include cameras, dive equipment, etc. - at much better prices on the Internet in the United States than anywhere else in the world. There are great economies of scale in a country of 300 million people vice other locals.

DontLieToMe:
Most of the year I am in Hong Kong, Singapore, etc. In general I find I can buy almost anything - to include cameras, dive equipment, etc. - at much better prices on the Internet in the United States than anywhere else in the world. There are great economies of scale in a country of 300 million people vice other locals.

Agreed. The US can be the best place to get products due to economics of scale. But, there are occasions where, say, the local residents (say, in Malaysia or HK) could actually provide with a hook-up to get an even better deal.

I got me and my buddy a super deal in HKG 3 years ago on Suunto Mosquitos off a local contact who hooked us up (sadly, he's no longer contactable). Not only we had the cheapest price, better than anywhere in the US, but we also had a PC kit included. The shop seller didn't want to lose the sale of 2 watches, and we secured the deal with one free PC kit included for the sale of both watches. My buddy and I shared the PC Kit.

Yes, YMMV.... but we certainly had a good deal outside of the US for our Mosquitos.

hoosier:
Just out of curiosity, why should you buy the computer in Asia even though you are in San Jose, CA?

Past experience has shown me that some deals can be gotten better outside of the US. Luck perhaps, but I'm constantly reviewing the prices off the internet here and in Canada.

I am interested in a current year model Suunto D9 kit or an Aeris Epic. I am trying to be optimistic that prices in HK, Spore or Msia could, perhaps be better... ;-)

i too am looking at a D9 but without the transmitter, best price i have found so far is the equivalent of US$821.

if someome can pint me to a site that ships internationally where i can spend less that would be really helpful as there are some other "toys" i need to buy :D

smartecosse:
i too am looking at a D9 but without the transmitter, best price i have found so far is the equivalent of US$821.

if someome can pint me to a site that ships internationally where i can spend less that would be really helpful as there are some other "toys" i need to buy :D

Well, since the original post, I have decided to go with an Aeris Epic. Recently launched product, this is a much much better computer than the D9. USD$849 buys you the watch and the transmitter. Search this on the scubaboard forum under the computer section and you will slowly learn why this is a better computer.

The USD$821 for the D9 is not so great a price.... http://www.divetank.net offers a better price for a slightly used (12 hrs logged) D9 + transmitter for USD$1049.00 and warranted by the store. New D9? Hmm... dunno. I am sure you can cut a deal with Richard, the store owner. I checked out their store in Vancouver. They are a legitimate dive shop operation, and a really large Suunto dealer.

I am still looking for a great price on the Aeris Epic. Trying to get it for around $800.

You can find cheaper in HK...D9 with transmitter around HKD7XXXX

Back
Top Bottom