Check on luggage - suggestions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks everyone, for your input thus far!

Driftwood - when you've packed the Samsonite Inova 28 spinner with 2 sets of dive gear, is it a total "squish job"? Or do you think I could manage to get some business clothes (jacket, slacks, etc) in there with 1 set of dive gear, without completely squishing the business clothing?

Itsacon - thanks for your input re: the Cosmolite. I'm looking into them - their lightness in weight is a HUGE plus, but i'm not sure I want to shell out $600 for a single piece of luggage. They have some on Ebay - maybe i'll explore that option further...

Phlegm and uncfnp - thanks for the info on your duffel strategies. But wouldn't business clothing get completely squished and wrinkled in a duffel?

Here is what we pack in our checked luggage. Both of us pack a 3mm wetsuit and Tusa split fins with booties. Becky has a Zeagle Concept and I pack an Express Tech. Our regs/computer, masks and cameras all go in one of our carry ons.

The Inova opens into two halfs of equal depth, both of which have zippered dividers. Easy to fit one set of gear in one half of the suitcase. The best way I have found to keep suits from being wrinkled is to use the bags where you vacuum out the air.

Here is a link to a very decent deal on the luggage, Samsonite Inova 28" Hardside Spinner | Luggage Pros

Pack-It Sport

You just need one or two of these (or similar) along with your new luggage, no matter which you choose.

I love my packing cubes but I love the envelopes more.

We use Eddie Bauer expedition roller duffles (| Eddie Bauer). I like these for many reasons 1) Eddie Bauer is fantastic with warranty - I had a tiny hole in 2 bags after 2 years of use and they exchanged in stores no questions asked (5 yr warranty) 2) they are lightweight compared to say rei duffles etc 3) if you get the larger one you can pack your gear in the bottom section and your work stuff in the top - plus the hard bottom she'll will protect your dive gear. We defiantly use packing cubes for clothes (my husband likes the folding envelope type too for dress clothes). Another silly tip is to get 2 gallon zip bags to put dress clothes in so they don't get scuba stinky.

Hope this helps!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Itsacon - thanks for your input re: the Cosmolite. I'm looking into them - their lightness in weight is a HUGE plus, but i'm not sure I want to shell out $600 for a single piece of luggage. They have some on Ebay - maybe i'll explore that option further...

Yeah, the price put us off too at first. In the end we used a rewards program from our bank to get them at 50% off, which was lot more interesting. Look around at any rewards programs you may have (creditcard, bank, supermarket), Samsonite seems to be pretty active in those kind of things, at least here in Europe.

I used Delsey luggage 26" for scuba gears. Bought a brand new at $16 from ebay. It looks like normal luggage so risk from stolen is less than scuba brands.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom