Checkout dive tomorrow

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GooseEgg

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I have my checkout dive tomorrow! I'm pretty nervous, and hope I do alright. Does anyone have any suggestions? It's through PADI if that matters. Thanks!

Be punctual, get some rest, be kind to your parents, and set two alarms.

Now.

What are you doing up?

Turn off your computer machine and go to bed.

Remember to breathe. Take your time doing the skills and think about what you are going to do before you do it. You'll do fine.

And knowone's right, get to sleep!

Here's advice given to me by my dive instructor - trust yourself, trust your training and trust your equipment.

As said above, take your time and think about the skill. I tended to try and rush, for example, when trying to clear flooded mask. Things went much better when I slowed down and attempted the skill.

Hey y'all, sorry it took so long to get back, but I didn't have an internet connection last night. Everything went really good! I've been having trouble not freaking out while doing the mask clear, but by the end of the day I was able do it to well. We dove at the Comal river in New Braunsfels, and the water felt great! It was sort of hard to do some of the skills in the current, but we got it all done. Thanks for all the support, and I'm looking forward to strengthening my skills, and learning new things. All in all, It was a blast!!

Where'd you go on the Comal? I've been thinking about heading down there since I'm so close (San Marcos).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom