"Chest squeeze"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pensacola

Registered
Reaction score
I have had this happen on 2 recent dives on separate days. Effortless descent to 95 feet and then felt a slight right chest pressure about 6 inches below the axilla. It felt just like a sinus squeeze and went away the instant I ascended about 10 feet. It did not re occur until another similar dive on a different day. I am totally healthy, in my 40s, run 30-40 miles a week and have no respiratory history. I have had normal xrays and a stress test (just for grins) in the past year. Is it possible that there was/is some non-communicating air passage there? Any suggestions?

Are you sure this is a physiological problem and not an equipment problem? I don't know what kind of gear you were using but have you considered that you might be getting squeezed by the BC as you add air at depth?

Just a thought.

good thought. i have a wing type bc, so i don't think so, but i'll check this next time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom