Chiari Malformation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TekDiveGirl

Contributor
Rest in Peace
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I just had surgery to fix this. This is pretty rare though with more and more people having MRI's done these days it is actually becomming less rare. I am curious if anybody else here has had the surgery for this and continued diving.

I know of one person who has. If anybody is curious what this is all about I will post some links with information. If not, I won't. (-;

Thanks!

Kimber

TekDiveGirl:
I just had surgery to fix this. This is pretty rare though with more and more people having MRI's done these days it is actually becomming less rare. I am curious if anybody else here has had the surgery for this and continued diving.

I know of one person who has. If anybody is curious what this is all about I will post some links with information. If not, I won't. (-;

Thanks!

Kimber

This is freaky. Even though Chiari Malformation is rare in adults, you are the 2nd person from an online forum, I've come across to have the surgery. The other person had hers the 1st week of last month.

I've been following her story and I truly hope you are well and will be diving again soon.

Deb In Venice:
This is freaky. Even though Chiari Malformation is rare in adults, you are the 2nd person from an online forum, I've come across to have the surgery. The other person had hers the 1st week of last month.

I've been following her story and I truly hope you are well and will be diving again soon.

Really? Where did she have here surgery done? Mine was Aug 26 at NOrth Shore University Hospital in New York.

If she would be interested in talking feel free to PM me and I would be more than willing to give you my personal email address. This is a really tough thing to go through. I have been through more than my share of BS with doctors, tests, meds etc.

I feel better than I have in so very long and I am thankful I went to The Chiari Institute to get fixed.

Kimber

Her surgery was in Phoenix.

She's not a member of this board but I will copy your message and pass it onto her. It's easier for her to join this board than for you to join the other.

I'll be back as soon as I get a response.

TekDiveGirl:
Really? Where did she have here surgery done? Mine was Aug 26 at NOrth Shore University Hospital in New York.

If she would be interested in talking feel free to PM me and I would be more than willing to give you my personal email address. This is a really tough thing to go through. I have been through more than my share of BS with doctors, tests, meds etc.

I feel better than I have in so very long and I am thankful I went to The Chiari Institute to get fixed.

Kimber

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom