“If you’re sick after a dive, take it seriously”- final update series

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm assuming that you're a tiny creature (20, female & gymnast). That's a lot of weight with steel everything. I have less weight and dive in a hooded 8mm semi dry. Even with women being more floaty than men that seems like way too much. I'm not there so no way to say much more than I think you could stand to lose a few lbs... of dive weight
I'll say, I like, 12 lbs. with alum.

this thread is so old, but I'm bored so I'll update it again. kinda sick of having stuff to tell LMAO

symptoms returned, but they were different. long story short I produce too much CSF (cerebrospinal fluid) causing high pressure in the brain. so I'm getting a shunt soon. I couldn't tolerate the side effects of CSF-reducing medication. it'll be scheduled Tuesday after my final spinal tap. this is a rare complication of decompression surgery but I didn't exactly follow the recovery instructions so that is probably on me. not sure if I can dive with one, will have to ask DAN.

I'm honestly excited. back to a normal life (for the second time!).

Hope it goes well. By the way, this is not a zombie thread. It’s not even a year since last post. 🤣😂

Not related to the same condition that you have, but I do know someone (non-diver) that had a shunt put in and it made a world of difference. Hope it goes well for you.
oh awesome! do you know what it was for? and thanks:)

oh awesome! do you know what it was for? and thanks:)
Following a cerebral bleed and surgical repair, there continued to be cerebral spinal fluid build up and to relief the pressure, the drain was put in and she IMMEDIATELY woke up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom