if you're sick after a dive, take it seriously

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Update to the above update:
So, apparently the shunt wasn’t very big, meaning it really would have no effect on diving. My pulmonologist ordered an arterial blood gas test just in case, which came back normal. Oh, it doesn’t hurt as much as a lot of people say it does- it feels just like a regular IV.
I’m still having problems with brain fog and function, so I’m not so sure how much my issues are related to diving. Maybe not at all. I have a neurology appointment in late October for it; hopefully there will be some answers because it’s really starting to bother me.

hopefully there will be some answers because it’s really starting to bother me.
Glad you're making progress with answers, especially with ruling out serious risks. Hang in there and enjoy the ride.

Glad you're making progress with answers, especially with ruling out serious risks. Hang in there and enjoy the ride.
I’m just trying to relax. The heavy fatigue and brain fog is really irritating…it’s affecting my driving now too. So I’m taking a break on long trips until everything feels more normal. It’s scary

Felt like hell for a few days because my body hurt a lot too. I’d think maybe I was sick but it didn’t feel like any sickness I’ve had. So will be taking it easy for a bit

Hey Kaylee..... Kudo's to you for taking charge of your own health and holding the course to get solid, bonafide answers and second opinions. You've got a great attitude and a bright future that hopefully will include your love of diving!

Hang in there KayLee. Be persistent with your medical team, without being arrogant. They won’t steer you wrong but you have to be an active participant in your care.
wishing you the best

Hey Kaylee..... Kudo's to you for taking charge of your own health and holding the course to get solid, bonafide answers and second opinions. You've got a great attitude and a bright future that hopefully will include your love of diving!
Hang in there KayLee. Be persistent with your medical team, without being arrogant. They won’t steer you wrong but you have to be an active participant in your care.
wishing you the best
thank you :) i'm mainly scared that it'll affect my chances of going back to school...was considering trying for med school, probably couldn't happen if i'm permanently messed up from whatever this is

I am impressed at how brave you have been thru all this. 🥇 Hang in there, sis. Knowledge is power so keep learning from all sources.

I am impressed at how brave you have been thru all this. 🥇 Hang in there, sis. Knowledge is power so keep learning from all sources.
thanks- certainly doesn’t feel that way sometimes

thanks- certainly doesn’t feel that way sometimes
I get that......but now is the time to hammer down, take charge, get good data....... project a positive outlook and charge forward! Best of luck!!!

Back
Top Bottom