Chinese compressor and tanks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

two clown resort

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Hi guys....

I'm wondering if anyone can give me contact number for chinese compressor and tanks distributor based here in Indonesia. Please help..:D

I can't help you with your local distributor. However, from feedback of my accessories customers that have invested in the Chinese compressor systems, if you are lucky enough to get a good one from the factory, you are lucky. But, just as often, you get a problem child that can take a couple of months to get all fixed up. I am not saying that you won't ever have a problem purchasing a Bauer or ColtriSub. But it is a LOT less likely.

I do have one guy that purchases a Gohi for an OK price but it didn't have a filtration worth a darn. By the time he purchased the proper filters and valving, he was over what he would have paid for the Coltri that the Gohi was imitating.

Plus, what has already been posted, distributors in your area mark up stuff crazy high. Do a little homework and find out what the going price is for your compressor of choice is in the USA and see ifyour local guys will match the pricing. Sometimes they can't because American distributors sometimes buy a LOT more and get volume pricing. But is worth a try.

Good hunting!!

I can't help you with your local distributor. However, from feedback of my accessories customers that have invested in the Chinese compressor systems, if you are lucky enough to get a good one from the factory, you are lucky. But, just as often, you get a problem child that can take a couple of months to get all fixed up. I am not saying that you won't ever have a problem purchasing a Bauer or ColtriSub. But it is a LOT less likely.

I do have one guy that purchases a Gohi for an OK price but it didn't have a filtration worth a darn. By the time he purchased the proper filters and valving, he was over what he would have paid for the Coltri that the Gohi was imitating.

Plus, what has already been posted, distributors in your area mark up stuff crazy high. Do a little homework and find out what the going price is for your compressor of choice is in the USA and see ifyour local guys will match the pricing. Sometimes they can't because American distributors sometimes buy a LOT more and get volume pricing. But is worth a try.

Good hunting!!

That's the thing...the price for the compressor here is insane. It don't make sense at all a simple mechanism, nothing hi tech or complicated can cost me as much as US$90,000.

Any cheap reliable brand out there?

That's the thing...the price for the compressor here is insane. It don't make sense at all a simple mechanism, nothing hi tech or complicated can cost me as much as US$90,000.

Any cheap reliable brand out there?

$90,000!!! Holy Moley!!

Our most expensive stock Coltri combination air compressor with Nitrox is only $43,700 and the largest standard air compressor is only $19,500!! Even the big Bauer 22 CFM Verticon is less than $30,000. Now I know why I am getting so many sales from overseas.

You definitely need to have a talk with your Coltri or Bauer distributor. Otherwise, look at importing. Shipping one of the big guys is going to be expensive. But surely not enough to justify $90,000 local price tag.

at 90.000 USD, I would suggest buy it in Europe (I just bought one in Austria and got a good price+good service) and seafreight to Indo is not that expensive (I do that regularly, can give you the addresses). Or you go with rcontrera, I bought a valve from them recently and they were also helpfull.
Specially you get also the spare parts easily. Never go with a very exotic compressor, it maybe a headache when you need to repair it. I bought the Coltri MCH6 for approx. 1500 Euro (excl. tax+shipping).

Talk to Scuba Supply (Vietnam), Dive supply (Thailand), Rainbow Runners (Malaysia) or one of the other regional distributors and ship it in. Wander round your local dive shops and ask them, just because your competitors doesn't mean that they are enemies.

A decent tank company is shenyang gas safety cylinder technology co. in China. They sell good quality 11L's on 30 tank pallets for a very competitive price.

$90,000!!! Holy Moley!!

Our most expensive stock Coltri combination air compressor with Nitrox is only $43,700 and the largest standard air compressor is only $19,500!! Even the big Bauer 22 CFM Verticon is less than $30,000. Now I know why I am getting so many sales from overseas.

You definitely need to have a talk with your Coltri or Bauer distributor. Otherwise, look at importing. Shipping one of the big guys is going to be expensive. But surely not enough to justify $90,000 local price tag.

Can you repower to suit foreign electrical systems? I'm in Australia and Indonesia so changing an electrical plug is no problem but importing a 120v/60Hz motor only to replace it with 240v/50Hz is counterproductive.

I totally agree that prices are insane over here in Indonesia

Can you repower to suit foreign electrical systems? I'm in Australia and Indonesia so changing an electrical plug is no problem but importing a 120v/60Hz motor only to replace it with 240v/50Hz is counterproductive.

I totally agree that prices are insane over here in Indonesia

There is nothing "standard" about electrical power so we would be pretty poor compressor folks if we couldn't set up systems with the right motors. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom