Citizen Aqualand Titanium question..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not yet...I'm undecided because I use my watch when diving. The titanium band is pretty but once adjusted or sized to my arm, that's it. The black rubber band expands and will easily stretch over my wetsuit, so I'm a bit hesitant to take that functionality away.

Decisions, decisions......

Not so. The titanium band is like mine - I can add up to about 1 inch in overall band length without adding or removing links. You basically pull two tabs on the clasp and the band expands several times in about 1/6" increments. The bands are designed to be expanded with a simple pull to fit over wetsuits and then return to normal with a simple push.

What can I say - I'm a bad influence!

The two tabs that I was referring to can be seen in the watch band photo (above) on the left hand side of the clasp. You pull these two tabs towards the opposite end of the clasp and it releases an extension piece that notches outward, thereby expanding the length of the band without altering the number of links. Mine notches out a total of five times for a length extension of around one inch (just counted).

Thanks for all the replies from me as well. I just placed an order for this one:

http://www.gemday.com/item0713.htm

At a good price too :)

Looking forward to getting to use it in April.

Henrik

Just to appease those of us who like pictures....

This is the watch that HenrikBP ordered:

JP1040-09E.jpg

Thanks Undefined. I should have thought of attaching the picture.

Joe; that's certainly a good recommendation. Thanks.

Watch should arrive tomorrow :) I'll probably fit it with a Waterborne strap for diving. Look here for how it works:

http://www.scuba.com/resources/waterbornestrap/index.html

tboxcar,

That watch is massive. If your wrists are big enough to support it, go for it. Otherwise, I'd look for something else.

Back
Top Bottom