Citizen Aqualand Titanium question..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Any other citizen watches that come to mind, it would be nice to have while diving, but I already have a dive computer, looking for something that looks 'stylish' as well?

Joe-Diver:
I drop mine off at a local jewelry store and they send it off to the service center. It takes a couple of weeks and costs $100 or so, but it comes back with all new seals, tested, adjusted, cleaned, calibrated and certified for diving. Worth the money IMHO.

I take mine to the jewelers that does the repair. For $25 you get a battery, and a pressure test. If the watch fails the pressure test, than they replace the orings, but I've never had that done.

Your jewelry shop is likely soaking you for 50% or more. Maybe not, but I found that taking it to a jeweler that actually does the work is far more cost effective than taking it to the guys that send it to a guy! I discovered that they wanted $65 to change the battery and do a leak test, and all they did was send it to a jeweler down the street who actually does the work, and changes less than half that amount.

JP1040-09E.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I've had Citizen Titanium watches for around a decade. My first was not a dive watch, but I did wear it diving as it was rated to 200M. That watch lasted the better part of ten years, and then the last battery change it was going to run me around $100 to replace the seals as Citizen does NOT sell just the seals, you have to purchase the buttons, at least on that watch which was just an analog sport watch.

I still use that watch topside sometimes, but I replaced it with the watch shown above a couple years ago.

It's a backup, but I have maybe 50 dives on it. So far it's VERY accurate, and works great. My only beef is that the numbers (NDL Limits) wore off quickly. The bezel works great, not sticky, not stiff. No download capability, only stores four dives, but it's a very good Dive watch, and has handy features like average depth. It will NOT replace a computer IMO, but it certainly is a very capable Backup if the computer does go south.

One thing to keep in mind, don't be pressing ALL the buttons on the watch at depth. There is only ONE that is designed to use at depth. People are famous for failing to read instructions, but it specifically says NOT to use 3 out of four of the buttons while UW. I don't know what evil will strike one down, but I'm betting a leaky watch.

I got mine at an estate sale for just over $100, new in the box.. so deals on these can be had.

I'm on one of the newer citizen aqualand ecodrives, and I think citizen must have noticed complaints about the bezel, because they actually eliminated the bezel. Now when you go below 3 feet, the minute hand and hour hand reset to 12, and begin counting time from there, so whne the watch reads 12:45, you've been diving for 45 minutes.

I have an aqualand stainless steel with gold color trimmings. i find the bezel rotate easily, the batteries last for 3 yrs only. I cost me $ 20 + for the change of batteries. but the strap is not strong, it becomes brittle through the time if you don't clean the strap of dirt that clings to it. I use it as a backup for depth gauge and timer. But the depth usually register 3 feet deeper compared to my suunto computer.

Back
Top Bottom