Class action lawsuit filed against Aqua Lung

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Until recently ???? I did not know Aqualung and Suunto split the sheets. When did that happen???

I've already told you more than I know... and it seems that the thread referencing such a split has been vaporized.

I've already told you more than I know... and it seems that the thread referencing such a split has been vaporized.

:eek:rdering extra popcorn:

Distributed Suunto, in US, up until very recently.

You mean they don't distributor Suunto any longer now?

On one message board, ScubaBoard - Scuba Diving Forum - Diving Social Network - ScubaBoard Home, a consumer complains that his Dive Computer has an error code and he inquires about how to get rid of the error. A person referring to himself as “Chris from Suunto” replies, “The ‘permanent’ error mode that was spoke of in the post...is due to a computer malfunction within the pressure sensor circuit. The computer thinks it is continuously diving and [displays] erroneous depths for hours on end. If this error occurs there is no way to clear it from the computer. The fault will stay within the memory in the computer even after the battery is removed. This is an unrepairable fault and the unit would need to be replaced.”

I despise Suunto's overpriced, underwhelming products almost as much as I despise their pathetic excuses for customer service and support (pretty sure I'm still banned from the Suunto sub-forum for pointing out how terrible good ole' Chris from Suunto's response to a MacDive user was).

That said...for the sake of plaintiffs' counsel's fee application, I hope they have something more damning than Suunto admitting that, yes, the sensors used in their products can fail and that when that happens the product goes into an irreversible error mode designed to prevent any reasonable diver from continuing to rely on the product's information. This is less than nothing; for their sake I hope the Coast Guard did their typically over-blown job with the other example cited, plaintiffs might at least get past summary judgment with a report by some overconfident Coastie styling him/herself as an expert on what actually happened with a dead diver's DC itself during the dive.

I despise Suunto's overpriced, underwhelming products almost as much as I despise their pathetic excuses for customer service and support (pretty sure I'm still banned from the Suunto sub-forum for pointing out how terrible good ole' Chris from Suunto's response to a MacDive user was).

Yeah, but what do you really think about them.

One more thing... I didn't had this problem with my Suunto Cobra. But if anyone has, the lawyers listed on the suit are interested in talking with you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom