Question Cleaning up your own Scubaboard thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tom_Ivan

Contributor
Reaction score
If you have created a thread which has started to go off the rails with minor bitching and whatnot (that doesn't exactly break the rules but also isn't constructive to the discussion), is there a way to remove a few posts without having to go through the "report" process and bother a moderator?

I'd be happy with a way to remove my own posts which I've made in error, let alone somebody elses.

If you have created a thread which has started to go off the rails with minor bitching and whatnot (that doesn't exactly break the rules but also isn't constructive to the discussion), is there a way to remove a few posts without having to go through the "report" process and bother a moderator?

Hahahahaha … yea, no.

Sad that “freedom of speech” is so problematic. It’s part of the First Amendment to the United States Constitution. Is there a Chinese ScubaBoard? You would probably have better luck there.

Unless ScubaBoard has become an agent of the U.S. government, "freedom of speech" is not an issue. It's a private platform and they can post or not post whatever they like. I doubt they will be giving that authority to random members, though.

I feel like you're missing out on 1/2 the fun... for a lot of us it's the sidetracks, bitching, and arguing that we're here for.. If it was all straight edge to the point it would feel like a science class. Where's the fun in that?

1646308915737.png

^^^^^^^^
This rhaat cheer.

Most forums have a feature that allow the "poster" to edit their own post for a specified period of time......then once edited, a notation appears at the bottom of the post.....

"Edited by Scubadog at 1:00pm on March 3"

This would be nice for those times when you either have a material typo or even hit the send button and then have 2nd thoughts.....

Edit..... Just found the "edit" button!

Most forums have a feature that allow the "poster" to edit their own post for a specified period of time......then once edited, a notation appears at the bottom of the post.....

"Edited by Scubadog at 1:00pm on March 3"

This would be nice for those times when you either have a material typo or even hit the send button and then have 2nd thoughts.....
I believe we give you 5 days. It may be 5 minutes, or 5 hours. Not 5 weeks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom