Cleaning Your Gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SkullDeformity:
I use the "taste test" too Dave. But I thought it was wierd so I didn't bring it up, don't wanna be called a dork you know.

I was only joking just to see if I could flush out some weirdo dorks. :wink:

No, I'm lying....I really do suck the neoprene to see if it's still salty....

I'll even sip the drainage from the bcd, since the interior often doesn't even need to be rinsed. (I use only the drysuit for buoyancy control.)

That's all I'll admit to....

Welcome to the club! And thank you for sharing! :)

Dave C

Gee, hit it with a hose in the driveway, then hang it in garage to dry for a couple of days or until needed again. If not needed pack away and store in A/C closet until needed. I am not tasting my wet suit though:rofl3::rofl3:

427Dave:
Gee, hit it with a hose in the driveway, then hang it in garage to dry for a couple of days or until needed again. If not needed pack away and store in A/C closet until needed. I am not tasting my wet suit though:rofl3::rofl3:

Oh come on, let your inner geologist out. Lets go taste some rocks to see if they're salty, and rub dirt on our teeth to see if its clay or silt!

SkullDeformity:
Oh come on, let your inner geologist out. Lets go taste some rocks to see if they're salty, and rub dirt on our teeth to see if its clay or silt!
OK, so how do you tell the difference between clay and silt by rubbing it on your teeth? Is silt gritty and clay isn't?

SkullDeformity:

Knowing what some of the dirty bast__ds who dive in wetties get up to, I'd be more concerned about the ammonia-nitrogen content than a bit of clay.

Richard

(Dry Suit Diver)

Trickie Dickie 99:
He's at Roxby Downs.....say no more, my cousin works there.

http://www.ccsa.asn.au/nuclearsa/a5.html

Well yea thats where i live and my nearest dive site is 5 hours away! so i have lots of free time to wash my gear.

muddiver:
I work for the water distric, I'll turn him in on Monday!
Turn me in :D go for it.

From what ive read i think i might not change the water as regulaly but i will still soak for 3 days just becuase i can!

Thanks for all your input everyone.

KierenConnell

KierenConnell:
Well yea thats where i live and my nearest dive site is 5 hours away! so i have lots of free time to wash my gear.

Turn me in :D go for it.

From what ive read i think i might not change the water as regulaly but i will still soak for 3 days just becuase i can!

Thanks for all your input everyone.

KierenConnell

Where do you dive? Eyre Peninsula? I was there about 10 years ago when I was in the Army Reserve (12/40 Bn, Royal Tasmania Regt). We used to stay at El Alamein Camp in the Cultana Training Area, now Baxter Detention Centre. What a s__thole. About 7 or 8kms out of Port Agutta. Couldn't believe they have mangroves around there.

Bloody hot too, had one day that hit 50 degrees C and three others above 47C (that's 116 and 120 degrees Fahrenheit respectively.) February it was, dumb time of year to go there, especially from Tasmania.

The coast looked interesting though, particularly around Port Lincoln. Don't you have those giant cuttlefish that breed round there too?

Trickie Dickie 99:
Where do you dive? Eyre Peninsula? I was there about 10 years ago when I was in the Army Reserve (12/40 Bn, Royal Tasmania Regt). We used to stay at El Alamein Camp in the Cultana Training Area, now Baxter Detention Centre. What a s__thole. About 7 or 8kms out of Port Agutta. Couldn't believe they have mangroves around there.

Bloody hot too, had one day that hit 50 degrees C and three others above 47C (that's 116 and 120 degrees Fahrenheit respectively.) February it was, dumb time of year to go there, especially from Tasmania.

The coast looked interesting though, particularly around Port Lincoln. Don't you have those giant cuttlefish that breed round there too?

Well i dive where ever i can but my closest spot is Edithburgh.

Yea those temps are a normal day around here nothing new!

El Alamein Camp is not baxter detention center, El Alamein Camp is still there and still used as well as Woomera, thats where they test their bombs because it is an open firing range and they also have international war games.

Yep they have the Giant Cuttle Fish, Whyalla is a good spot to go to see them especialy during breading season (Dont ask when that is)

KierenConnell

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom