Climate Change Pays a Visit to the Caribbean and Coral Reefs Suffer? Do you believe t

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I guess these discussions are worthless.

An interesting book to read on all this is The Greatest Hoax: How the Global Warming Conspiracy Threatens Your Future by Senator James Inhofe, may give you a different perspective on the science behind it.

Biased book by one person? Or thousands of peer-reviewed empirical and scientific studies that indicate a significant change in climate, likely caused by humans? Hmm...

Are these scientists bribed to manipulate their data by conservationists and environmentalists, like you have suggested? The more likely and logical solution is that some scientists are bribed by the oil companies (and other environmentally-damaging organizations) to lessen the significant results of their study, pointing at real climate change. Which organizations have more money, big oil or non-profit environmentalists?

Even so, the idea of peer review and experimental replication should negate most effects of personal bias in science. And yet, there is still tons of support. To ignore this is to pull the wool over your eyes.

Here's a quote from Wikipedia about your author (not a primary source, but adequate): "Inhofe often repeats his claim that human influenced climate change is a hoax and impossible because 'God’s still up there.' and that it is 'outrageous' and arrogant for people to believe human beings are 'able to change what He is doing in the climate.'" Seems like a pretty convincing and objective argument. :shakehead:

:laughing: AD, your idea of needed proof is so convenient.

Don, you are a prime target for a bunko artist.

---------- Post Merged at 02:59 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 02:56 PM ----------

Biased book by one person? Or thousands of peer-reviewed empirical and scientific studies that indicate a significant change in climate, likely caused by humans? Hmm...

Are these scientists bribed to manipulate their data by conservationists and environmentalists, like you have suggested? The more likely and logical solution is that some scientists are bribed by the oil companies (and other environmentally-damaging organizations) to lessen the significant results of their study, pointing at real climate change. Which organizations have more money, big oil or non-profit environmentalists?

Even so, the idea of peer review and experimental replication should negate most effects of personal bias in science. And yet, there is still tons of support. To ignore this is to pull the wool over your eyes.

Here's a quote from Wikipedia about your author (not a primary source, but adequate): "Inhofe often repeats his claim that human influenced climate change is a hoax and impossible because 'God’s still up there.' and that it is 'outrageous' and arrogant for people to believe human beings are 'able to change what He is doing in the climate.'" Seems like a pretty convincing and objective argument. :shakehead:

There you have it. Some researchers can be bribed by big oil, but none can be bribed by grants from big govt. No bias there.

Who cares about whether global warming is real or not. I don't, and never bother to argue about it!

Now if you want to talk about pollution, and destroying the planet as we are doing, I am game. Anyone hear of "Shark Fin" Soup? How about "Oil Spills"? Anyone heard of "Contaminated Water"? Or my favorite nemesis "Plastic"!

Who cares about whether global warming is real or not. I don't, and never bother to argue about it!

Now if you want to talk about pollution, and destroying the planet as we are doing, I am game. Anyone hear of "Shark Fin" Soup? How about "Oil Spills"? Anyone heard of "Contaminated Water"? Or my favorite nemesis "Plastic"!

Mask, Snorkel, Fins, Regulator, Dive Computer, BCD.

These are all items that wouldn't exist as we know them without plastics.

What are Sen. Inhofe's scientific qualifications?
I think this explains it:

Here's a quote from Wikipedia about your author (not a primary source, but adequate): "Inhofe often repeats his claim that human influenced climate change is a hoax and impossible because 'God’s still up there.' and that it is 'outrageous' and arrogant for people to believe human beings are 'able to change what He is doing in the climate.'"

So, humankind can do nothing that can counter the active work of God in the environment. If we do something he doesn't like, he does something to counter it.

That's great news. It means we can't possibly do anything wrong, because He will correct it when we do. Everything that happens is God's will. I guess that means that if I shoot my neighbor, it must also be God's will, since He would have stepped in to prevent it if it weren't. Logically, then, I should not be prosecuted, since I am acting as an instrument of God.

ANOTHER GREEN PROPHET DEFECTS

One by one, the more honest of the scientists who fell for the anthropogenic global warming hoax are confessing their error. The latest is Germany’s Professor Fritz Vahrenholt. Prof. Vahrenholt, a renewable energy expert, was one of the fathers of the modern German green movement and believed everything preached by the IPCC. But according to Focus magazine, he is now a far sadder and wiser man:

‘Doubt came two years ago when he was an expert reviewer of an IPCC report on renewable energy. “I discovered numerous errors and asked myself if the other IPCC reports on climate were similarly sloppy.” ‘In his book he explains how he dug into the IPCC climate report and was horrified by what he had found. Then add the 10 years of stagnant temperatures, failed predictions, Climategate e-mails, and discussions he had with dozens of other skeptical elite scientists.

How could so many apparently sane and sensible people have departed so comprehensively from reason over the anthropogenic global warming scam and to have placed such blind faith in renewable energy sources? Several immediate reasons come to mind – indeed, I have enumerated them on many occasions – such as the brainwashing grip of environmental ideology, the western retreat from reason and truth, the manipulation of grant-funding, the intimidation of rigorous scientists, and the fact that so many, including some other scientists, have sloppily endorsed AGW theory without bothering to look at how the IPCC actually reached its bogus conclusions.​

Mask, Snorkel, Fins, Regulator, Dive Computer, BCD.

These are all items that wouldn't exist as we know them without plastics.
My mask is silicon, did you really say snorkel? fins are rubber, and you got me on the rest, except that is not the issue I was trying to convey. It is what we do with them when we are done with them that matters. Plastic bags need to be banned etc. Read up on how our garbage has changed over the last 50 years and what it is mostly comprised of today. Feel free to read the link in my signature too.

Be your own scientist. The buoy data actually does goes back fairly far. SST's tell the tale since 72% of the earth is covered by water.

Sea Surface Temperature (SST) Contour Charts - Office of Satellite and Product Operations

Global ocean heat and salt content

Back
Top Bottom