climbing and diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That was the point I was hoping would be made. After a dive we are still offgassing excess nitrogen. Exercise can cause micro bubbles to form which are far harder to off-gas, and they can even accumulate to make bigger bubbles. Some tables use only a 12 hour span to say you are back to normal (gas wise), but more likely it is between 18 and 24. Rest a day after diving before doing anything really strenuous. If you don't it might put a crampon in your style!

BTW, I am not a medical doctor... I make sick Networks well. But the concepts are still the same.

you made a funny!!!

you're not a doctor and you don't even play one on TV??

:wink:

don't do it on the same day.

I used to cycle a lot and still occasionally go on a multiday tour - when i was in Greece, i managed to combine cycling with diving, but i made sure that if i dove in the morining, i would not get on the bike until the next day

I can see though as diving becomes less hobby and more of an all encompasing passion, all my other favorite activities take a secondary role. I am not planning any cycling vacations any more...

good luck

About 10 years ago when I was heavy into climbing I wrote an essay for publication that was an expression of one of the main reasons I enjoyed climbing: it was all encompassing. The crux of the piece was that when I was on the rock, particularly free climbing, all thoughts of a bad exam grade or a fight with a girlfriend were erased out of necessity. There was no room for that kind of worry when I could plummet to my death..... diving is simlar, but in an obviously much more relaxing way. True, there is a need for focus, but being underwater, for me, sorta blocks out the topside interference of day-to-day...

Have fun on your trip!

i am glad to hear that. these are the same reasons i am passionate about climbing.

i really do find alot of similarities with climbing and diving.

me being the over anaylitical gear junkie that i am, the sport works for me.

i love the concentration and focus that goes with it.

Instead of climb/travel/dive, I might recommend dive/travel/climb as a vacation plan. Fewer worries about post-dive air travel that way.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom