Close call in the dressing room

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just finished reading every post and this is some of the funniest stuff I have ever read. It is really making me re think my desire to by a 3mm hooded vest.

......- took us weeks but we finally got Lamarr to at least try the dam thing on - sitting around in his living room one evening we start easing him into this thing - .........
youre a good buddy....... just remember folks, friends dont let friends try wetsuits/drysuits on alone

I'm glad this thread gets revived from time to time. It is one of my favorites.

BTW: I disagree about wetsuits not being flattering. I've seen plenty of divers who look great in a wetsuit ... or maybe I'm just getting old.

youre a good buddy....... just remember folks, friends dont let friends try wetsuits/drysuits on alone

Especially if there's a chance to post a funny video of it on Youtube...

:perv:

Especially if there's a chance to post a funny video of it on Youtube...

:perv:

Oh geez...if only I had the guts to do a video.....

Maybe if I put a paper bag over my head or blacked out my face....:anonymous2:

Reminds me of the time I tried on a new suit at Divers Direct. I picked up a suit from the men's rack on a hanger labelled "large" and went into the dressing room to try it on. Man, I barely struggled into that thing. Must have had a few too many big dinners. When I finally got it off, I looked at the label. Turns out it was a women's "way too small."

Reminds me of the time I tried on a new suit at Divers Direct. I picked up a suit from the men's rack on a hanger labelled "large" and went into the dressing room to try it on. Man, I barely struggled into that thing. Must have had a few too many big dinners. When I finally got it off, I looked at the label. Turns out it was a women's "way too small."

:rofl3:

That would have sucked!

about 30 years ago a couple of us had discovered dry suits - never seen anything like it before ...standing there going "WAT da HAY-yul is dat?". Both of us bought one - then trying to convince the rest of our group these new-fangled critters was wa-ay high tech and the way of the future for us redneck river rats - one guy wasn't so sure - little short guy named Lamarr - took us weeks but we finally got Lamarr to at least try the dam thing on - sitting around in his living room one evening we start easing him into this thing - the type you step in the back and pull your head and arms through the shoulders and head thru the neck hole in one quick movement , zippers across the shoulders- Lamarr did have kind of a big head for such a little guy - anyway the neoprene neck seal will NOT come over his head - usually you roll it down and double it under for the seal - but it stuck and with his arms in the sleeves we can't get it back off - he's dancing around like a headless zombie, this muffled screaming / groaning thing going - his wife is flipping out and we're all laughing so hard we're useless....this went on for awhile (we kind of enjoyed it) and he was REALLY freaking out - we finally got him calmed down, pinned to the floor and pried it off when his wife grabbed the phone and was threatening to call 911...

Excellent! Lamarr reminds me of that great joke: What are the last words of a redneck before he dies a violent death? "Now you hol' on to mah beer Bubba - and watch this!"

(I am originally from the Deep South, so I 'm entitled to make these jokes. :eyebrow:)

Trish

Ok lesson learned, not buying a hooded vest...........

Thanks for the heads up:doh2:

Back
Top Bottom