Close call in the dressing room

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

my1ocean:
POW!!! I gave myself a good, clean uppercut that Mohamed Ali would've been proud of. Yup, I saw stars and got a bloody lip to boot.

Should've been a boxer.

Where was your buddy?! Definately should have stopped for 3 minutes before putting on the arms. Didn't you read the DIR book?

I think the moderators need to close and remove this thread. It is just too incredibly funny! I about choked to death several times trying to eat lunch and read this thread. Dangerous!

Divin'Hoosier:
I think the moderators need to close and remove this thread. It is just too incredibly funny! I about choked to death several times trying to eat lunch and read this thread. Dangerous!

Excuse me! This is a "Dressing Room Accidents" thread. Please re-post your "Close calls while eating lunch" in a different thread. :D

BTW. I think you suffered from task overload. Just stop and breathe before taking another bite of your delicious bacon cheeseburger. I think you need some oxygen and put the burger down (mouth watering).

OMG I must share. I didn't have a vest I had a t shirt type thing that I borrowed from my brother the kayaker. It was neoprene and had short sleeves. Getting it on was no problem and I was toasty warm on the dive.

But then I had to get it off. I couldn't slide my arms through so I decided to grab the bottom and peel it off over my head. This worked until my arms where stuck above my head with the shirt thing around them. I couldn't pull it anyfurther off, I couldn't pull it down.

My husband was laughing so hard it took him a minute to remember proper buddy procedures and come to my aid. He pulled one way I pulled the other, it poped off my head and I ended up on my bum. Sigh. I cut the arms off the shirt and it hasn't tried to attach me since. Thank you for alowing me to share.

ScubaJackie:
Thank you for alowing me to share.

thank YOU for coming forward with your story. it's only when enough of us
find courage to speak of what has happened in dive shop dressing rooms
that we can address the problem and save others from this fate

ScubaJackie:
...not a "dressing room" story exactly but your post caused me to remember an incident on a dive boat many years ago.

A woman was up under the awning of the boat attempting to remove her wet suit layers. When it came to the hooded vest she did the same as you ...and grasped the bottom edge, pulling it up and over her head in one fell swoop. Only problem was that her bathing suit top (it was a 2 piece) went along for the ride. Need I say more ??

There she stood, entoombed in neoprene well up over her eyebrows but otherwise flapping in the breeze, as it were.

You just had to be there ...

'Slogger

Footslogger:
ScubaJackie:
...not a "dressing room" story exactly but your post caused me to remember an incident on a dive boat many years ago.

A woman was up under the awning of the boat attempting to remove her wet suit layers. When it came to the hooded vest she did the same as you ...and grasped the bottom edge, pulling it up and over her head in one fell swoop. Only problem was that her bathing suit top (it was a 2 piece) went along for the ride. Need I say more ??

There she stood, entoombed in neoprene well up over her eyebrows but otherwise flapping in the breeze, as it were.

You just had to be there ...

'Slogger

Ah yes the dreaded acedental suit top removal. I was very fortunate that my top was spared during my ordeal.

Victims of Dressing Room / Neoprene Removal attacks! Stand up! Do not be afraid, as Andy says if only enough of us will stand up and share our stories we will be able to help prevent these horrors from happening to another unsuspecting diver!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom