Close call w death, must read this

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Originally posted by sdexcalibur
.....or very overactive imagination

It failed miserably.

With a highly overactive imagination. (I mean- Manatees being bloodthirsty killers? LOL)

Kristey

It made me smile, but I'm mildly surprised that it made it past the Rodale's editors. It isn't exactly in line with Project AWARE, is it?

Is this even remotely believable to anyone?

Come on, its got to be a piss take-just look at the author's name, "Mike Boring".

touching manatees
riding them
poking them
feeding manatees or giving them water
any actions that might separate a mother and calf
chasing manatees
surrounding them
Is it against the law to touch manatees?
All of the forms of interactions listed above may be considered harassment under the Endangered Species Act (ESA). Manatees are an endangered species, protected under the federal Endangered Species and Marine Mammal Protection Acts and the Florida Manatee Sanctuary Act. Conviction on the federal level is punishable by a fine of up to $100,000 and/or one year in prison. Anyone convicted of violating the state law faces a possible maximum fine of $500 and/or imprisonment for up to 60 days. The State of Florida can also pursue prosecution under federal law. Even more important than breaking the law is that human interactions with manatees can cause harm. Manatees can be observed without violating the provisions of these laws.

enough said

Bloke, it was all a joke anyway. Calm down man.

Oh, and as for touching Manatees, that is still legal. However, you can only touch them with one hand at a time.

thanks james it wasent taken seariously just thought id shed a bit of light on the vegaterian for novasis reading this thread :)

Back
Top Bottom