Closest caverns to ATL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JAMIE MCG

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm trying to find the closest caverns to be able to do a day trip. I'm 3 hrs to FL line so Ginnie is about 4.5 hrs, just trying to find closer cavern.
Thanks

Unfortunately, I think that's as close as you are going to get Jamie..
I had heard rumor one time about a cavern/cave/sink, something being down south GA, but I never heard any hard facts about it or where exactly it was located..
We've got a small group of "Average" divers aroudn here that like to go down and hit Ginnie, Blue Grotto, etc, every once in awhile. PM me with your email if you like to be added to our email list when I put together a trip. We don't do them monthly or anything, but we try as much as we can.

Morrison is wonderful and may be the closest that I can think of.

Are you cavern certfied? And which route south from ATL would you be taking? If you come down 231, then Jackson Blue is going to be closest. If you come down through Thomasville and Tallahassee, then Jackson blue is about 70 miles west, and Orange Grove is about 70 miles east.

DaleHall:
Unfortunately, I think that's as close as you are going to get Jamie..
I had heard rumor one time about a cavern/cave/sink, something being down south GA, but I never heard any hard facts about it or where exactly it was located..

There are quite a few cave systems in south GA,all them fall in the advanced cave dive level

I'm cavern, and I'll be coming down I-75.

Oh that reminds me. Karstdvr, would you PM me about a Madison Blue map?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom