closing in on the big 5-0

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

socaljohn

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I had scheduled a trip to Catalina using free B'Day Express ticket (Thanks to them) for my birthday. About a month or so out I noticed that if I can manage to get in more dives than usual, I could be doing the 50th dive at the dive park. So I have been getting 2 shore dives per Sat for a couple weeks and am about to where my dives over there will be either 49 and 50 or 50 and 51. I would not mind marking the 50th with a GSB so wish me luck.
Anyone else work hard to make sure there 50th or 100th over anniversary dive was at a special place?

Ha, I'll try to arrange a GSB sighting for you... if only I can find one! They are being seen by a number of people right in the training area, but so far this season I've only seen two. I guess I should look up more often. However, last year I had hundreds of sightings.

very nice. always make your milestone dives a special one...keep up the good dives.

I tried to make my 100th dive special, but neither the tides nor the weather cooperated, so we ended up doing it at our local mudhole in 42 degree rain . . . but the dinner afterwards was nice. It was my 100th, and NWGratefulDiver's 1200th, and we celebrated together.

I was hoping to make my 100th special... It however turned out to be one of the most boring bad viz, nothing to see dives that I have done.

However... By coinsidence, my 200th got a bit more exiting :) I got to take my mum on her first post-certification OWdive at Thomas Reef in Tiran, Egypt.
We had a school of barracudas, white-tip reef shark, and turtles... And she looked magnificent! Relaxed (Althought not horisontal) trim... no finning or sculling... You really wouldnt believe it was her 5th dive...

My 300th passed unknowingly...

My 50th was unintentionally dive #1 of my AOW class in Key Largo so that's something. I would have been just as content with #50 being a Connecticut shore dive where I saw 2 horseshoe crabs and successfully avoided strolling face first into the business end of a Lion's Mane jelly.

None of my "milestones" have been planned for any place special, as I kind of have a routine when & where I dive. For my 50th, my brother in law said to his wife that she missed my 50th. "What, birthday?!!!"
"No, his 50th scuba dive". "Oh shut up".

I made my 100th, 200th, 300th and 400th dives at the cove where I began free diving. Each dive had 1-3 feet vis. :(
I haven't made any special plans since.

My 1000th dive was at 1000 Steps in Bonaire ... I specifically asked for that dive site for that dive ...

PS - there's really only 67 steps there (thank God) ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom