Clothing advice for liveaboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

El Orans

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Ladies,

I need your help.

for our 10th anniversary I'm taking my wife on a liveaboard in Egypt (end of march 2005). She doesn't know this.
So, I'm stuck with the task of packing her suitcase :11: .
What should I pack?

Thank you for your troubles,

Laurens

To make sure she has what she should have on the trip:

Lay out everything you think she'll need for the trip. Cut in in half. Cut it in half again. Add a sweat suit, warm socks and a couple extra swim suits.. Pack it.

To get to your 11th anniversary:

Tell her and let her pack.

Walter:
To get to your 11th anniversary:

Tell her and let her pack.
exactly.

As fun as surprises can be, I would NOT want my husband packing my bags for me. You could mess up a nice trip for her when she doesn't have the things she would want. Especially on a liveaboard where you can't run to the store! Find some fun way to let her know about the trip that gives her time to pack and stuff.

(It would be funny if she's also planned a surprise trip and plans on packing for you!)

Damselfish:
(It would be funny if she's also planned a surprise trip and plans on packing for you!)
She knows that she'll be going away. The destination is what's unknown...

BTW, she usually packs for the both of us.

El Orans:
She knows that she'll be going away. The destination is what's unknown...

well, that's better. But I'd still want to pack my own bag and have enough info to pack the right stuff.

El Orans:
In other words there is a chance neither of you will have the right things to wear? :wink:

I don't imagine my husband packing my stuff.... If you have a good credit card and are willing and have time to shop before the cruise in Cairo for what you missed in the bags...
If you really want to make it yourself take a look to your older vacation pictures, you will probably see her favorite clothes. What I know about liveaboard is that people usually wear casual clothes, but bring one or two dress if you have special occasion. DOn't forget matching shoes ! and other shoes she could need ! All her personnal care, and us women can have many of those. If it's your 10th anniversary, that could be a good idea to find something special she could wear only for you :wink: I'm sure you will forget nothing on the dive gear... Bring a hat (what does she wear usually)
If I think about something else I will let you know... I will be doing My bags this weekend, leaving next thursday, I will try to figure out...

For the boat part of the trip:

Bring at least 3 swimsuits. That way, 2 are always drying; when you come back from a dive, you always have a nice dry suit to change into. If you plan on the night dives, bring 4.

About 4 t-shirts. Preferabally with logos from as far away as possible, for subliminal bragging rights. We always bring t-shirts from parachute competitions.

Like Walter said, a synthetic fluffy sweat suit.

Ear plugs, depending on where your cabin is.

That should do it!

All the best, James

Hey
If I were you,I´de take her shopping..She knows she´s going away..So, without letting her know as to where she is going take her out and spoil her rotton,then you can´t go wrong. Or, play the, what 3 items would you take to a desert island game?...
Good Luck!! :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom