Cloud 2.4 is Nice!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tursiops

Marine Scientist and Master Instructor (retired)
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
The newest Cloud update came out today. Nice! Some good features, especially for the Desktop version.

Question for Shearwater on the new time-sync:
"• Auto Update Time feature added for Petrel, NERD, Perdix"
Not for the Teric? Maybe that is coming later?

Great news! Thanks! Will be looking it over tonight.

Hopefully we can print dives now?
EDIT: Ah! Not yet. Screenshots only, which with that dark background is a printer ink problem. Sigh.

I'm a bit concerned. I just updated and looked at my dives. The type is CC/BO for all of them and I didn't have to buy the equipment. Saved some money, but lost some confidence. I didn't like the cloud before, now I'm thinking I'll stay out of the clouds and keep my feet on the ground or under water.

Cheers -

I'm a bit concerned. I just updated and looked at my dives. The type is CC/BO for all of them and I didn't have to buy the equipment. Saved some money, but lost some confidence. I didn't like the cloud before, now I'm thinking I'll stay out of the clouds and keep my feet on the ground or under water.

Cheers -
I had that problem before, but it disappeared on the last update before this one. Send them a note via the Contact Us link on their website, along with exporting your dives. They were very attentive to the issue, and my problem has disappeared. It's worth a try. Don't know about you, but I'm an old paper guy. I'd just like to print out that data and staple it to my log.

Let's call it growing pains. I'll cut 'em some slack until they stop responding (like Scubapro). Until then, they're truly excellent with their customer responsiveness.

I had that problem before, but it disappeared on the last update before this one. Send them a note via the Contact Us link on their website, along with exporting your dives. They were very attentive to the issue, and my problem has disappeared. It's worth a try. Don't know about you, but I'm an old paper guy. I'd just like to print out that data and staple it to my log.

Let's call it growing pains. I'll cut 'em some slack until they stop responding (like Scubapro). Until then, they're truly excellent with their customer responsiveness.

I quit using the cloud version when I couldn't get the software use my dive numbers last year. When I first got the Perdix, I started with dive #1 for 4 dives. I realized what I had done and edited the dive number on these dives and set the counter to start at the right number. The 1 - 4 went away on my straight desktop software, but not in the cloud. When I get some time, I'll contact Shearwater. I can't get my phone and desktop clouds to sync correctly. I tried deleting and re-inserting a dive. I just lost the dive. I'm not happy! I like paper also, all 40+ books. Printing would be nice. I found a way on the straight desktop version, but it isn't real straightforward.

Cheers -

Edit - I LOVE my Perdix. So much so, I bought a 2nd one. They are great under water, but not so much in the clouds. - M²

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom