Club requires members to sign "no solo diving" contract - So I won't be renewing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Since we have not heard from him perhaps he did a solo dive and the club found out and he is now in a North Korean re-education camp.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Or he was taken out I the latest round of drone attacks on us soil...

Hey all,

I PMed the OP. Hopefully, he will respond.

markm

---------- Post added January 28th, 2014 at 08:00 AM ----------

Hey all,

I PMed the OP. Hopefully, he will respond.

markm

Hello All,

Delrey replied that the membership committee has not responded.

markm

I told the 'membership chairman' that I would not sign it.

Nothing has happened since.

I have not received any additional emails reminding me about membership renewal.

We are only 4 weeks into the new year, so I am not assuming that nothing will happen eventually.

I told the 'membership chairman' that I would not sign it.

Nothing has happened since.

I have not received any additional emails reminding me about membership renewal.

We are only 4 weeks into the new year, so I am not assuming that nothing will happen eventually.

When I tell people who work for me that I expect something from them, I normally tell them what they can expect from me in return. i.e. if I expect them to empty the trash daily, they can expect me to make sure that I put my trash in the can (not near the can), that I ensure that fresh bags are always available, etc.

Sounds like your club leadership has established expectations of its members (not to dive without a buddy), but hasn't lived up to reasonable expectations of themselves (to answer/respond/clarify questions from members in a timely manner). If they can't live up to their part of the arrangement, sounds like they have no footing to ask or expect anything from any other members...

Just my take on it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom