Cobalt Inspection Process

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Atomic Aquatics

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
We have just hit the one month mark on our Cobalt recall. We just wanted to say thank you for all the support through this process. This video demonstrates the inspection process and what our dealers and technicians were looking to inspect.

Thanks again Atomic supporters!

Cobalt Recall Inspection Video - YouTube

Atomic

Both of my Cobalts passed inspection no problem. This was done before you posted the inspection process video and I was curious to see how it was done, so my LDS tech let me watch him do it.

But he didn't record anything on an inspection sheet--at least, not in my presence--nor did he put on new covers.

Which leads me to my question: should I care? I know the Cobalts are good to go, and I'm plenty happy with the original covers. Unless there's a good reason to bug him about the inspection sheet and/or switch covers I'd just as soon leave well enough alone.

Both of my Cobalts passed inspection no problem. This was done before you posted the inspection process video and I was curious to see how it was done, so my LDS tech let me watch him do it.

But he didn't record anything on an inspection sheet--at least, not in my presence--nor did he put on new covers.

Which leads me to my question: should I care? I know the Cobalts are good to go, and I'm plenty happy with the original covers. Unless there's a good reason to bug him about the inspection sheet and/or switch covers I'd just as soon leave well enough alone.

In http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/co...tics-cobalt-dive-computer-99.html#post6525112 Atomic asks that you get the cover replaced or contact them to resolve the issue if your dealer didn't do it. In an earlier post on the same thread RonR wrote that the new cover has a cut out that reduces the severity of the failure mode should your device fail even after being inspected and judged free of the defect.

Sounds worth following up to me. The covers look almost identical, though I'll be glad to have one that isn't as beaten up as my original :)

Osric

Last edited:
Hello Downing and Osric

Downing-Your dealer should have put a new cover on the Cobalt. This new cover allows Dealers/Operators know that the your Cobalt has been inspected and is good to go. I would recommend going back to your dealer to make sure they put the new cover on and record your serial number. In accordance with the CPSC, we need to track our progress through our dealers reporting the number of inspected units, referenced by their serial numbers.

Osric-Thank you for helping out Downing before I was able to. If either of you need anything or have any other questions, don't hesitate to call (888-270-8595) or send us a private message here or Facebook. Thanks you two!

Atomic

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom