Coco view April 4th-11th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tanslacks

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello,

I can't believe the vacation I have been planning for so long is finally here! This will be my first vist to a dive resort and I think I picked a good. I will be traveling with my wife and 14 year old daughter. I would love to know and meet any of you that will be there on the same dates. We are not dive experts by any means, so any help would be great.

This trip was a gift from my family for my fiftieth birthday. In reality I am paying for it, but they agreed it will be money well spent. I have got lots of DEET free bug repelent and all the gear I hope we will need. I still can't make heads or tails of the Continental baggage rules, so I figure I will be spending money. One woman on the phone took twenty minutes explaining the rules and then said whooops.. you are traveling during an embargo time. She started to begin again and I hung up. It's too frustrating for a trip that is going to make me so happy.

So we will see you there... I started counting the days 200 days ago...

I just can't believe the day is almost here!

I would not tell the airline that you have scuba gear as some airlines will want to charge you extra for that. TSA doesnt care what is in your bags unless it is prohibited items. Don't take bags that scream "scuba gear inside". Just plain suitcases work fine. Continental (at least 3 weeks ago) gives you one free bag on an international flight. A second bag was $25. Overweight bags 51-70 pounds are an additional $50.

Unfortunately, we are going to be there the week before you Mar 28-Apr 4.

I would love to know and meet any of you that will be there on the same dates.

You will be there during the Annual "Dive Camp" Full Moon Tour.

Check in over at CoCo Chat where you will easily make contact with this motley crew.

I believe Wednesday is Naked Day.

"I believe Wednesday is Naked Day."

Oh oh, should I be worried for my daughter's innocent eyes?

We'll be at Dive Camp the week after you are 4/11 - 18. Our first trip to Roatan as well and I'm just as excited!! We first decided to go in November so it's been quite a wait! From everything I've read at CoCo Chat and here it sounds like it'll be darn near impossible not to have a great time!

COCOView is my oldest daughter's favorite dive locale.

She is now 20 and would go back in a moments notice!

... I would love to know and meet any of you that will be there on the same dates. ...

Oh golly, you will be there the same time as a motley bunch of characters aka known as Dive Camp. HOWEVER, we are a very friendly and welcoming bunch of divers. We and all of CoCo Chat welcome any questions you might have, no matter how stupid you may think it is. We LOVE answering those questions over and over, it just means you are interested. We'll see you there!!

Back
Top Bottom