Coco View Questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Brandon

Shop Independent Diver
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I'm attempting to plan our next vacation (about a year from now), and would really like to go to Coco View for a couple weeks.

My wife is nearly sold on the idea, but she's concerned it's not private enough for her to enjoy her favorite tropical activity - lounging around outside without clothes on.

Usually this means we stay in some sort of out of the way place (like the last trip to Maui), and end up driving an hour or so to all of the fun stuff. The big attraction of Coco View is all of the fun stuff (diving) is right there!

Any chance we can both get what we want? Are some of the rooms more private than others? If not Coco View.. any other dive resorts that offer lodging with plenty of privacy?

Thanks... weird question, I know.

-Brandon.

When I was there in October of last year, I didn't see anyone lounging around even topless. There is not alot of private places to go to on the CoCoView property except maybe the porch of your bungalow (which is still viewable from the water. There is really no beach there, but I will say that I didn't explore around the perimeter very much due to the excessive amount of diving I was doing.

Maybe the intrepid explorer can find a hidden spot to get that all over tan?

Yeah... I've seen hundreds of pictures from Coco View, and it didn't look like you could get the level of privacy she's after.

Are the Utila Lodge and Anthony's Key resort the same way?

-Brandon.

Toplessness and any nudity on the main portion of Roatan is a major hassle.

The first cruise ship that ever arrived, and you can bet the locals were pumped up for it... turned out to be a "sun your buns" cruise. The locals were aghast when the passengers stepped off of the mini busses at the straw market beach... and it wasn't because they had no-where to carry their money!

Two options come to mind. I know that I have seen occasional neices of wealthy uncles lying about topless at FIBR. Occasional. Also, Paya Bay is very remote and has about the only real beach on Roatan.

Since you did specify CoCoView, however, I assume that diving was a big part of your plans, and I can suggest no better place on Roatan. The environ is, however, very compact, and doesn't offer much in the way of privacy. Nudity is not forbidden, its more of an occasional amusement. There is one group that takes up the entire place for the week and has what I believe is called "Nekkid Day" which is sprung upon the staff by the secret pre-planning of the guests in question.

That aside, if you want to dive-dive-dive, I understand your desire to go to CoCoView. If you also want to lose your tan lines, arrange to stay in one of the Playa Miguel Beach Houses that are within yards of CCV's main resort, yet have their own definable "space" that is pretty much so considered yours and yours alone. Ask the reservationists for the one that has good, unobstructed access to the sun- I know Casita and Tom's House would fit the bill.

Hope that helped, you can get a lot more info about CoCoView on http://www.websitetoolbox.com/tool/pm?username=ccv&action=inbox

(The only real dive location that combines topless activities with sanctioned/accepted behavior is Bonaire- that or a liveaboard that caters to Europeans... which pretty much so cuts our idea of diving out of the picture)

The bugs there would eat her alive if she was lounging around in the sand and I don't think that there is anyplace private on the small island anyway.

Here is how I imagined how showing your vacation photo's would play out......

You: "in this picture we have another palm tree that is just like the last 12 palm trees but the leaves are slightly different in this one"

Friends: "this is soooo borin...holy crap theres a naked lady in the picture!"

You: Yeah, that's my wife, she got in the way which is unfortunate because there was an interesting bark pattern on the tree that you can't see. Moving on to the next picture we have some sand"

Friends: "Is your wife laying on the sand?"

You: "No, it's just sand"

Friends: "groan"

fairbanksdiver:
I'm attempting to plan our next vacation (about a year from now), and would really like to go to Coco View for a couple weeks.

My wife is nearly sold on the idea, but she's concerned it's not private enough for her to enjoy her favorite tropical activity - lounging around outside without clothes on.

Usually this means we stay in some sort of out of the way place (like the last trip to Maui), and end up driving an hour or so to all of the fun stuff. The big attraction of Coco View is all of the fun stuff (diving) is right there!

Any chance we can both get what we want? Are some of the rooms more private than others? If not Coco View.. any other dive resorts that offer lodging with plenty of privacy?

Thanks... weird question, I know.

-Brandon.

Sunset waters Curacao Plenty of diving and a Nude beach.

RoatanMan:
That aside, if you want to dive-dive-dive, I understand your desire to go to CoCoView. If you also want to lose your tan lines, arrange to stay in one of the Playa Miguel Beach Houses that are within yards of CCV's main resort, yet have their own definable "space" that is pretty much so considered yours and yours alone. Ask the reservationists for the one that has good, unobstructed access to the sun- I know Casita and Tom's House would fit the bill.

Thanks Doc! Sounds like the Casita would work nicely... checked out the pictures, showed my wife, and she likes it.

Just need to figure out when I can take vacation time next year, and we'll be set.

-Brandon.

fairbanksdiver:
Thanks Doc! Sounds like the Casita would work nicely... checked out the pictures, showed my wife, and she likes it. Just need to figure out when I can take vacation time next year, and we'll be set.
-Brandon.

Do be sure to let us know (in advance) when you're going to be there!:peepwalla

http://www.roatan.com/catalog/honduras/playa_miguel.htm describes all of the Beach Houses.

As others have mentioned... be aware of the sand flies. (no see ums) "Herself" says that DEET (OFF or whatever) tends to be like tanning oil... NO SPF, and quite likely a magnifier of the sun's effects.:14:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom