cocoview 6-1/6-7

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jon m

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Well, thanks to all. after tons of research and waiting (we booked 8 months in advance) we tripped out in Costa Rica for a week, and then headed over to Roatan.

My wife and I returned from our 1st CCV trip June 7th. we did catch some wind and waves , but nothing us California divers can't handle. i thought it was funny, the way Eddie(DM) asked us "have they told you about the conditions?" for our orientation dive.if we can see 10feet, and the surge doesn't knock you off your feet, we are good to go!!!!
It was “as advertised”. We were exhausted from multiple dives everyday, so much so that we only did 1 “sunset dive “from shore. We talked about doing a night dive every day, but never could muster the strength.
Loved the macro, and were actually pleasantly surprised by the amount of larger fish, especially on the sunset dive, where the fish were out in force.
I learned how to use my new camera with about 2 days to go, so we did get some really good pics, including an uncooperative yellow seahorse, which just would not turn his head to give me that “profile” shot we all know and love, and a black and white seahorse. Tons of shrimp, grouper, crab, lobster, spade fish, drums and all the other cast of characters-- and we LOVED the walls, there is something about cruising all that coral, with blue below that just blows my mind.
Most of all, we enjoyed the company of other divers, who we were forced to eat, chat, boat and dive with. I now say that I am grateful we were “forced” to do so. I wondered about the seating in the dining room until about the second day, when I realized the large tables ”force” you to mingle and socialize with others. It was a treat to meet people from Arizona, Atlanta and New Jersey –not to mention all the others.
We made new friends, who are e-mailing us pictures, as we e-mail them (great, more stupid e-mail jokes, too!!!)

One more thing, we celebrated our 9th year anniversary in CCV, and we came home with a little something extra. My wife conceived on the second to last day of our trip (got pregnant, boys), so there will be a new diver to add to the manifest soon.
I couldn’t have asked for anything more, wonderful memories and another future diver…

see my pics in my "album"

Excellent! Be sure to post the baby news on CoCoView's chatboard also if you haven't already. I know the gang loves to hear those stories.

My 20 year old daughter was telling me "just yesterday" how much she missed COCO View and wanted to go back!

We love Coco. Cant think of another place where you can get so much easy diving. And yes, the walls are jsut sick.
We really hate the food but keep going back for more. Thats how much we love the diving.
And how about the house reef? 2 Walls, a wreck, sand flats and eel grass flats. Too cool. Glad you liked it.
We are kicking around a Christmas trip this year. Just having a tough time stomaching the prce hike the airlines rape us for. Ho ho ho.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom