Question CocoView Coco Villa.....anybody stayed there?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the info and the video!...it's kind of hard to determine scaling of the map they have online. Not really an issue for me but have a couple others going that aren't as nimble anymore.

Can't dive from the house correct? Just snorkel?
Sorry for the late reply... as others have noted, Shore diving from this location would be sketchy. Doable but thigh risk and hard work. If you have shore dove the east side of Boanire, it's like that. I have not and will not. Easy enough to run, ride, golf cart to the lockers and hit the front yard.
We have been dropped off right in from for a long Coco dive. Its a lot longer of a kick than a bike ride!
Anthony lives (during work week) in a small house below the beach house. He is awesome and will go out of his way to take care of your needs.
When are going?

Sorry for the late reply... as others have noted, Shore diving from this location would be sketchy. Doable but thigh risk and hard work. If you have shore dove the east side of Boanire, it's like that. I have not and will not. Easy enough to run, ride, golf cart to the lockers and hit the front yard.
We have been dropped off right in from for a long Coco dive. Its a lot longer of a kick than a bike ride!
Anthony lives (during work week) in a small house below the beach house. He is awesome and will go out of his way to take care of your needs.
When are going?
Yeah that's what I expected after looking at satellite images. I'll just hop on the golf cart.....plus I'll be able to just carry most of my gear 2 times....going to the locker on Sat or Sun and then Friday.

We decided on CCV a little late and we are going mid October. I hear that it's not ideal but I also hear that November and December are the worst times due to rain.

I wish I was going tomorrow. I need to get in the water somewhere soon.

I've been fantasizing about a trip down to Roatan, maybe some time in 2024. I've never been to Roatan, but the reviews for CCV here on SB are very good. The accommodations in the main resort look nice, as well, but the villa caught my eye.

My usual dive group is 4 people, one couple and two singles. Would you all who have been there, say that the Villa is about right for a group of that size, or is it overkill? And, can anybody comment on whether for a group of this size, is the pricing comparable to the other rooms ($1600-2000 per person, per week, w/ double occupancy)?

I've been fantasizing about a trip down to Roatan, maybe some time in 2024. I've never been to Roatan, but the reviews for CCV here on SB are very good. The accommodations in the main resort look nice, as well, but the villa caught my eye.

My usual dive group is 4 people, one couple and two singles. Would you all who have been there, say that the Villa is about right for a group of that size, or is it overkill? And, can anybody comment on whether for a group of this size, is the pricing comparable to the other rooms ($1600-2000 per person, per week, w/ double occupancy)?

If CCV isn't available, we have a lodge at Cocolobo that might be available. 5 minutes walk from West End. 2br/2ba with 1br having 2 separate beds. And it's a lot cheaper than 1600-2k per person, but only includes your place to stay. You can make your own meals or eat in town. There is a breakfast option available if you like to eat before heading into town.

Roatan is a great place to visit and dive!!

Booking/ more info
Superior House - Lodge D - Vacation Home in West End

Our FB picture tour
Facebook

FB resort page
Cocolobo Condos, Cottages & Lodges

Do it! :) Only way to dive more in the Carib is liveaboard.

We rent with 4 to 5 people. There is a room with a King bed that shares a bath with a room with bunks. Then there is a large "Master" with a en suite and two queens. With 5 it was comfy. Plenty of room in the common areas, a large deck with part of it screened in and a third, common 1/2 bath.
That said, there are 5 beds so if you don't mind sharing a room 5 singles will work just fine.

You each pay the same rate as if you were in one of the rooms. No group discount. We first ended up here as overflow because the main rooms were booked. Now we request right away.

There is one resort room (13 I believe) and an over the water cabana that are close to the clubhouse. If you get a group that is there to drink first and dive second it can get a bit loud in these locations. Obviously, 5 minutes up the road this is not an issue. Just AC or wave noise :).

I only know of one couple we referred to Coco that did not like it. But they required upscale accommodations and had sensitive stomachs. Just to be clear; Cocoview is about diving, not food and rooms. The food is fuel and the rooms are clean and kept. Go and dive until you cannot dive anymore. Then feed and pass out so you can do it again! I think Coco is responsible for the slogan "Dive-Eat-Sleep-Repeat". :cool:

Do it! :) Only way to dive more in the Carib is liveaboard.

We rent with 4 to 5 people. There is a room with a King bed that shares a bath with a room with bunks. Then there is a large "Master" with a en suite and two queens. With 5 it was comfy. Plenty of room in the common areas, a large deck with part of it screened in and a third, common 1/2 bath.
That said, there are 5 beds so if you don't mind sharing a room 5 singles will work just fine.

You each pay the same rate as if you were in one of the rooms. No group discount. We first ended up here as overflow because the main rooms were booked. Now we request right away.

There is one resort room (13 I believe) and an over the water cabana that are close to the clubhouse. If you get a group that is there to drink first and dive second it can get a bit loud in these locations. Obviously, 5 minutes up the road this is not an issue. Just AC or wave noise :).

I only know of one couple we referred to Coco that did not like it. But they required upscale accommodations and had sensitive stomachs. Just to be clear; Cocoview is about diving, not food and rooms. The food is fuel and the rooms are clean and kept. Go and dive until you cannot dive anymore. Then feed and pass out so you can do it again! I think Coco is responsible for the slogan "Dive-Eat-Sleep-Repeat". :cool:
I've heard that it's very easy to get 25 plus dives in during a week stay! I think the most I've done in a week is 26 in Bonaire and that was a chore :)

My groups plan.....(although they don't know it yet) is to do the 4 dives from the boat (2 dive sites and then the 2 at front porch) depending on dinner time, do a night dive after or before dinner. So 5 a day. We usually like doing a "sunrise" dive during our week as well. Usually pretty cool to get in and watch the reef come to life with the day critters.

First time in Roatan so I'm super excited and after reading about CCV I wanted to try it.

What are the recommendations (brands) for the no-seeums? Heard they are more prevalent than mosquitos.

I am essentially paraplegic. I get 27 dives in a week. Buck up, Pilgrim.

The no-see-um thing should and does have it’s own threads.

Lot’s of oils, the placement of specific crystals, like that and bunches of ju-ju out there

After 40 years of Roatan travel…DEET early and often. Acquire a tube of Fluocininide before departure.

Or don’t.

I am essentially paraplegic. I get 27 dives in a week. Buck up, Pilgrim.

The no-see-um thing should and does have it’s own threads.

Lot’s of oils, the placement of specific crystals, like that and bunches of ju-ju out there

After 40 years of Roatan travel…DEET early and often. Acquire a tube of Fluocininide before departure.

Or don’t.
Yeah I kinda just jumped the gun with what popped in my head while typing......I'll research the bug thing. I have time.

Yeah that's what I expected after looking at satellite images. I'll just hop on the golf cart.....plus I'll be able to just carry most of my gear 2 times....going to the locker on Sat or Sun and then Friday.

We decided on CCV a little late and we are going mid October. I hear that it's not ideal but I also hear that November and December are the worst times due to rain.

I wish I was going tomorrow. I need to get in the water somewhere soon.
I've been there once in October (not sure whether it was early or late October). The only thing I didn't like was that the sun set earlier in the day. The night dive was literally a night dive after dinner if you gave yourself time to eat before the night dive. If you did a twilight dive, you had a pretty short surface interval after coming up from the afternoon drop-off dive.

25-26 dives in one trip is pretty easy. 27 takes more dedication. Here's the math: Sat. arrival. You're a first timer, so pay for a DM to do your orientation. (1). Do a night dive after dinner (2). Sun: 4 day dives + 1 night dive. (7). Mon: Repeat. (12). Tue. Repeat (17). Wed. Repeat (22). Thu. Repeat (27). Fri.: 2 AM dives only (24 hr no dive before fly): 29 if you do the night dives or twilight dives every night. Some people would rather party Wed & Thu. Others are just tired from the flight and don't do the Sat. evening. And some hardcore people who can't sleep wake up at 5am, and do a reverse twilight dive at 6am...

Contact the reservations office, and ask about Playa Miguel beach houses or the CocoView-owned beach houses. A beach house at 4 is less expensive in general than two double-occupancy rooms. Some beach houses are easier walking distance. This September, I'm in Coco Casa, which is the first beach house past the overwater cabanas. I'm pretty sure that will sleep 4, although the two singles may need to share a room (but not necessarily a bed).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom