Question CocoView Coco Villa.....anybody stayed there?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've heard that it's very easy to get 25 plus dives in during a week stay! I think the most I've done in a week is 26 in Bonaire and that was a chore :)

My groups plan.....(although they don't know it yet) is to do the 4 dives from the boat (2 dive sites and then the 2 at front porch) depending on dinner time, do a night dive after or before dinner. So 5 a day. We usually like doing a "sunrise" dive during our week as well. Usually pretty cool to get in and watch the reef come to life with the day critters.

First time in Roatan so I'm super excited and after reading about CCV I wanted to try it.

What are the recommendations (brands) for the no-seeums? Heard they are more prevalent than mosquitos.
Yep, Lots of water time. I dive day 1 at least once. Sometimes twice. I also like early AM dives. Watching the sun come up under water is pretty awesome and I am generally all alone. Pure peace. Doing this I have done 30 dives in one week! Normally 26-27.
Boat dives are great but front yard shores dives can yield some pretty impressive dive times. I've managed 40 hours and one year, "stuck" a second week after Harvey, 73 hours in 2 weeks! My ears were done!!! But I wanted more.

I've been there once in October (not sure whether it was early or late October). The only thing I didn't like was that the sun set earlier in the day. The night dive was literally a night dive after dinner if you gave yourself time to eat before the night dive. If you did a twilight dive, you had a pretty short surface interval after coming up from the afternoon drop-off dive.

25-26 dives in one trip is pretty easy. 27 takes more dedication. Here's the math: Sat. arrival. You're a first timer, so pay for a DM to do your orientation. (1). Do a night dive after dinner (2). Sun: 4 day dives + 1 night dive. (7). Mon: Repeat. (12). Tue. Repeat (17). Wed. Repeat (22). Thu. Repeat (27). Fri.: 2 AM dives only (24 hr no dive before fly): 29 if you do the night dives or twilight dives every night. Some people would rather party Wed & Thu. Others are just tired from the flight and don't do the Sat. evening. And some hardcore people who can't sleep wake up at 5am, and do a reverse twilight dive at 6am...

That is one thing I'm bummed about...the length of sunlight that time of year. I went to Bonaire in October once and same thing....seemed like we got done with dive 4 and it was already sunset.

We are planning on paying to get the orientation dive over with on Saturday so we might can get 2 dives in on Saturday like you suggested. We aren't much into partying anymore plus we want to dive, we will have an evening cocktail after the night dive but that's the extent of our partying. I enjoy the reverse twilight dives...probably my favorite time to dive.

I hope we can add it to our dive itinerary going forward. We have done Bonaire at least a half a dozen times due to the cost per dive factor. I think last year after splitting our rental house between 12 people in Bonaire, airfare, truck rental and diving it was around $1500...although we had to get groceries....won't have to get food this trip. Think I might get the fridge stocked with a few snacks and drinks but other than that we won't utilize the kitchen much.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom