Coctail Diver?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aseeker2

Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Hi, I found this site while searching around for gear. Thanks for all the good tips, so far.

Little about me. I started out as a cold h2o diver in Brunswick, ME back in 75 with a Y course and "The New Sceince of Skin and Scuba Diving" as course lit.( looks like things have changed a little since then) Did a lot of Scallop dives.

Went to Panama, and got spoiled with 3½ years diving warm clear water. Got my AOW from Padi there in 80.

Back to ME for a while, then out to San Diago and a little diving there.

After about a year in Isreal and Egypt, I ended up in Stockholm without any gear and not that excited about cold dark water!

After a few years on "the beach" I made a dive on the Swedish West Coast, not as dark or cold as I thought it would be, but with no gear, just not that big a draw.

Thats when the "Coctail Diving started", making a few dives while on vacation some wheres warm, Cyprus, Tenerife, Azores, Phuket, and the last ones in April on Gozo (great place).

I am hooked again and I now have a reason to get into cold dark h2o again, my 14yo. wants to start diving. She has always been a cross between an otter and a dolphin. She is now mature enough to dive and assist her buddy should the need arrise.

To wrap this up, I plan to do a rescue diver course and follow it with a DM course, but I still need the gear. I will be asking for your help soon in finding the best gear for my Swedish kronner. Maybe even help in finding a good training center, as I must back soon and renew my W-EMT or get a WFR cert anyway.

Take care,

Jim

Welcome overboard...

You'll find no shortage of discussions here about gear, and everything else. If you haven't noticed it yet, the 'search' feature of the site can really help you find threads on various subjects and/or specific types or brands of gear.

Howdy!

Welcome to SB!!
:happywave Put us in your computer's favorites and check in often. This is a great place to learn, compare, argue :argue: Look around our various forums - everything from New-To-Scuba to Instructors-Only to Dive Medicine.

don

:D

Hi Jim.

Welcome to ScubaBoard!

Sounds like a perfect time to get back to diving and share it with your daughter.

I'm sure you'll find plenty of answers to your questions about gear. I know it has helped me tremendously in the selection process.

I was certified a few years after you were back in '79 in Santa Barbara, CA and have also recently been preparing to get back into the water after a "dry spell" myself. I remember reading The New Science of Skin and Scuba Diving, but I don't remember if it was the text we used in class.

Just as many caring people on this board have recommended to me, I advise you to take a refresher course to get restarted safely.

Enjoy!

Christian

Thanks for the welcome, I have been spending a lot of dead time at work checking out the board. Have found lots of good info and tips.

Jim

Back
Top Bottom