Colored Lenses in Dive Mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

deich

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Does anybody have any experience with Sea View Masks and their colored lenses... What is the difference between the magenta and yellow lenses are they worth trying?

Thanks, D

I have 3 Sea Vision masks.
I have a red lensed one, a clear one, and a yellow one.
They are all prescription lenses.

I see you are in FTL.
My suggestion is that you buy a red one for daytime dives.
You will be so very glad you did, as you will see much more vibrant colors at depth, also it acts as a kind of pair of sunglasses on our bright days.
Buy a clear one for nighttime dives.
I have no use for the yellow one that I bought other than it acts as a spare in the event of my other two masks getting stolen or broken.
I have experimented with the yellow one at night and on deeper dives for the supposed light gathering advantage.
I would not buy the yellow one again. I would buy a spare red or clear.
I have been wearing these Sea Vision masks for over 10 years I think.
I love them!
Chug

Thanks... if you are looking for a spare Fill Express has them on sale for 50% off.....

Fill Express......On Dixie, in Pompano, Mark Derrick..??
Never heard of them.....
LOL

Good folks there.
My masks are custom, prescription lenses.

Chug

+1 on the Sea-Vision masks.

I have 2. A clear lens for instructing and night dives, and a magenta for day dives.

The magenta really brings back in the reds that are absent on deeper dives.

The skirts are fantastic.

I have bi-focal lenses in mine.

the K

I had a Sea Vision mask with the built-in close up lenses and magenta lenses. After I got monovision contacts, I didn't need the close up feature, and evey time I took the magenta lenses off down here, I got blinded until I could get sunglasses on. So I used the mask less and less and finally eBayed it a while ago.

I have a clear and a yellow SeaVision, both in bifocals. Wish I had purchased a red and a clear. Got the yellow thinking it might help contrast in murky quarries, which we have around here. I don't notice the color once in the water. Masks are great. Scrips are cut right. I'll buy 'em again when my scrip changes enough.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom