Colored Lenses in Dive Mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have the SV 2100 in all 3 colors. Magenta is great in blue water. Yellow is good for me in the local quarry and in the green water river and ocean dives I get some places. Clear is good in the pool and as a backup for the other two. All mine are the gauge reader lenses, which work great for me.

I bought mine because my Atomic Frameless mask always leaked a little. I had been chalking it up to my facial hair. Then a buddy insisted I try his SV 2100 when we were in Hawaii, so I could see how nice the magenta lens is. The magenta was great in that blue water, but the other thing I noticed was the mask didn't leak at all during the whole dive. Then I found out I could use my HSA (Health Savings Account) to pay for the masks, since I was getting them with corrective lenses (the gauge readers). No leaking and no out of pocket cost. How could I not?!

I didn't think about seeing if insurance would help cover the costs! May need a backup pair in a different lense! :)

Red is for saltwater, magenta is for freshwater, yellow is to see biofluorescence under blue light at night. Instead of getting a mask with a colored lens I got sheets of photo quality filter gel (actually plastic. I cut them to fit the inside of my mask. That way I get every option for $12.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B016Q0BA6A/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
How do you adhere it to your mask. I may try this instead of buying a whole new mask. It seems like a very good idea.
Thanks. Neil

How do you adhere it to your mask. I may try this instead of buying a whole new mask. It seems like a very good idea.
Thanks. Neil

I don't adhere it. I just cut it to fit inside and put it inside the mask.

I don't adhere it. I just cut it to fit inside and put it inside the mask.
Ok thanks for the reply. I am going to try this seems cheaper than buying a new mask. Thanks again. Neil

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom