Coltri MCH 13 Compressor. MCH 14, MCH16

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Phil1111

Contributor
Reaction score
Does anyone have ownership or experience with these compressors? The blocks are the same with different power plants turning the compressor crank at different speeds. They range from 9-11 cfm and are sold under different private labels of which the Max-Air 90 is one.

I'm considering buying a MCh 13( 9hp Honda gas) with about 600 hrs for about $2500 US

I've previously owned a Poseidon P-90 and a 8 cfm Mako compressor at different times. Obviously, the Posidon and Bauers are superior brands.

The blocks are the same, however between the 13 and 16, the 1st and 2nd stage pistons are physically different. 3rd stage uses the same piston/sleeve.

I believe @BoneCrusher has had an MCH-16 (IIRC) for some years and seemed to be happy with it. I don't believe he's on SB much anymore, but maybe he'll get the mention and can chime in with any thoughts.

ETA: @tbone1004 With my recent compressor issues, maybe I'll just chuck it all and bid on that monster instead! :) (My neighbors would no doubt *love* that... :) )

You can put a Solberg Filter Muffler on it​

I believe @BoneCrusher has had an MCH-16 (IIRC) for some years and seemed to be happy with it. I don't believe he's on SB much anymore, but maybe he'll get the mention and can chime in with any thoughts.

ETA: @tbone1004 With my recent compressor issues, maybe I'll just chuck it all and bid on that monster instead! :) (My neighbors would no doubt *love* that... :) )
it's a diesel generator powering an electric compressor, it can run off of shore power which will be much quieter and if you put intake filters on it it will quiet it down considerably.

it's a diesel generator powering an electric compressor, it can run off of shore power which will be much quieter and if you put intake filters on it it will quiet it down considerably.

If that’s your idea of “quiet“, maybe I should feel for your neighbors. :)

For all of you with poorly calibrated humor detectors, I was making a joke. An 18 CFM compressor does not even remotely fit my lifestyle. For 9 months a year, If I was lucky, I might be able to run it for 20 minutes once a month. Not likely to keep the compressor healthy that way. Let alone 18CFM likely needs 15HP of power, which would put a noticeable strain on my 100A/1P service. The diesel generator would be a help! :)

I actually think even 4 CFM would be sufficient for my needs with just a bit more frequent running. Honestly, even 8CFM would be more difficult to keep up on regular operation through the winter.

But I could run my whole house on that generator... Dual purpose! :)

Keep the oil changed regularly and at the proper level and these (coltri/nuvair/etc) are great compressors. Nuvair in California is very easy to work with for getting replacement parts and service kits.

What size motor is in this beast? I can't seem to find that in the listing anywhere. 1p or 3p?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom