different compressor help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No need to go too crazy on filtration on a setup that won't be used commercially. I had a tall tower on my 3.2 cfm Utilis and swapped it out for a short one since the tall one took so long to pressurize.

You don't need extra/hyper filtration just because you are continuous mixing since the event that could cause trouble - pumping the oxygen/air mix through an oil-lubed compressor - happens upstream (before) the filter stack so the filter stack can't have any effect on it.

In PP mixing filtration is important, to keep the high pressure, almost pure O2 from coming in contact with dirty oily air. In continuous mixing we KNOW the O2 will come in contact with oil once it enters the compressor so we try to reduce the risk by thoroughly diluting the oxygen with air before it goes into the compressor so as to keep the mix below the danger point.

Thanks for the info guys.
I am not using the original filter system that came with the compressor. I have a filter system that is rated for 5000 psi and will filter 84,000 cf of air. It is from another compressor that I have. It has 4 towers, 2 tall and 2 short. It uses lawrence factor filters.

Your compressor looks good to go to 5000 the seperators on the block are good but I would confirm the specs on the tower seperator, it may not be rated for that pressure.
Chemlub 800 is manufactured by Ultrachem in New Castle, Delaware.
web site is WWW. ultracheminc.com ( sorry don't know how to creat a link)
ZDD

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom