Comal River dive THIS WEEKEND.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:D :D :D :D

Hey all, sounds like you had a lot of fun! I doubt you will want to go back so soon but I am planning to go this weekend or the next and was wondering if you would mind asking "a few" questions as I have never been to this place before.

Does anybody want to go? (know that you will be diving with relative greenhorns if that influences your decision)

Where exactly is the best place to park and to put in. Sounds like from previous info that worry about getting too far downstream to walk back is not a big issue? Any other advice about the dive in general?

We'll be coming from Houston so I was wondering should we rent tanks in Houston or is there an LDS nearby? I am assuming if there is no LDS nearby, then there is also nowhere to get a tank fill - what's the skinny on this situation for diving the Comal?

Anybody have any recommendations on a good cheap motel or someplace to stay Saturday night - we may also want to do some tubing on the river after diving.

Any info you all have about helping me put this together would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers, Dan:)

I was in sweltering Dallas and off-line while you planned this - but it sounds great. Hopefully I'll have my head up next time!

On the other hand - I was "teaching" a boyancy/refresher class in Aquarena at that time & got nicely chilled anyway - - - Sorry I missed y'all!

Dan:
Local SCUBA Shop = "The SCUBA Shop" and is about 2 miles out RR12 from San Marcos - a very easy drive. I think they ahve most everything you need, but I don't frequent there - so best to find their website or phone!
I'm similar on motels - there's a bunch of them [College town!] - but since it's a short drive for me - I have no reccomendations..

Best Dive plan: Have two cars, follow the Lions Tube Rental truck to their exit - Drive one back - - Enter with the tubers, exit with the tubers.
Secondary Plan - Pay the Lions the couple bucks necessary for the wristband to get transported back!
[Reset:
I was thinking the San Marcos River - The Comal is the one in New Braunfels near Schlitterbaun isn't it?? - Oh well - the principles hold - the details will need work. "The SCUBA Shop" may still be the local shop - but then there may be one in Northern San Antonio, or near the Lake there...... Oh welll...]

I'd like to join you. Do you have a date in mind?

---------- Post Merged at 05:45 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 05:39 PM ----------

Do ya'll have another trip planned? I'd luv to join the fun!

Diveworld scuba center is doing a night dive there on saturday (tomorrow). Details:

Just a quick reminder.
We will be having our Night Dive this Saturday Night at the Comal River (7pm).

Cathy and Rod will have the grill lit and plenty of food for all. Please bring a side dish.

There will be plenty of Divemasters to help lead the tours.

Come Join Us for a Great Evening of Diving, Food, and Socializing!!!!!

Call 'em at 210 734 5526 for more info. Wish I could go, too far a drive :(

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom