Come on then - lets see what you look like!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Laura,
Cool pics. I like your mask too. Is that the Sea Vision color lens mask in pink? How do you like it? I'm in the market for a new mask right now.
PS I like that Stoplight parrot fish pic!
:sunny:

Laura,

Those are awesome pics. What type of camera did you use?

Thanks Natasha and Socaldiver. Yes Natasha that's a Seavision mask I'm wearing. For the most part it was great. The colors were awesome. However, the last two days of my trip the mask kept fogging and nothing I tried would make it quit. I finally gave up and switched back to my Ocean Master purge mask which didn't fog at all.

Socaldiver the camera we used was just the basic Sealife Reefmaster CL (paid around $150.00). Just before we left on the trip I purchased the macro filter lense (about $40.00) and it was responsible for the nice closeups and bright colors.

Happy Diving,

Laura

Lisa,

Very nice pictures. I was supposed to take a job in Cayman Brac, did you get out there at all?

And about your mask, do you recommend buying one? I recently had laser surgery, and must buy a new mask because I no longer need a prescription lens. I have a purge mask now which i really like. Do you feel there is a fogging problem with the sea vision?

thank you

Pam

Natasha,
Thanks for the great comments. The wreck was the C-53. It was a US mine sweeper that was sold to Mexico and then decommisioned and sunk intentionally in Cozumel.

Hi Pam,
I think you were talking to me but the name is Laura, not Lisa. Hey sounds like an old song, "I'm not Lisa." LOL

About the mask, I used it for 4 dives with no problems. I don't know why the fogging started and I used several different defog pastes and drops to no avail. I also cannot explain why it didn't happen with my purge mask because I have had fogging with that mask occasionally also. I believe the Sea Vision is now available in a purge style now. Also there is another new mask on the market now that has two different colored lenses and is supposed to give even better underwater color results I can't recall the name of the manufacturer right now but I believe I saw the ad in either Skin Diver or Scuba Diving magazine.

I did not make it over to Cayman Brac, but I would like to be able to get there in the future.

Laura

I'm not sure what happened to my link as it is not working right in the earlier posting. I will try to repost it here and see if it works:

Cayman pics

Hope that fixed it, if not well I guess I'll try, try again.

Laura

Scuba Narc,
Can you tell me more about the C-53? Do you know where it is is in say relation to Palancar? How deep is it? When did they sink it? I'm planning on being there in October and would like to dive her.Thanks!
Laura and Pam,
The other mask might be the http://www.Aquacolor.com mask.
Fishkiller from the boards gave me the link.
I'm concerned about the fogging problem you decribe. That has never once happened to me with my Dacor Mask.
Did you do the tooth paste thing before using it? Also did you try regular spit? Sometimes that works as well as all the defoggers.
:sunny:
Dive the Planet, then repeat,
Natasha

I would send in my pic but I am computer or cyberspace challenged. I am unable to get my web page set up. I do have some digital pics on my harddrive if I just knew what to do to get them onto the message board you could see me.

I even have some prints of my dives from OW cert to my trip to Maui, don't have a scanner sooo...can't convert to computer. They want too much at the camera store to put them on CD for me. What to do about this I don't know.

Bottoms up....Bubbles up!!!
Cindy

Cindy, e-mail them to me and I'll put them up for you. waterknife@aol.com I can also scan the prints for you if you're interested let me know in the e-mail.

Walter

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom